RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Try it this way then.. drag midi from a VST to the desktop, then into RC, then save.. My original midi was coming from EZKeys.

never mind.. it was a bad file that I had.. thanks!

So, what I am doing right now, is double checking the new stuff for the big release on Dec 6th.

There is actually a problem with functionality of the new stuff on the chord rules page. Let me explain..

If you have the setting on, to load the last edited chord rules on start up and if you then choose to create a new composition, those rules are still in the chord rules tab. They are not re-initialized.

On the chord rules tab/page you have the following button options.. X to clear the currently loaded rules, duplicate the currently loaded rules and delete the currently loaded rules.

There is no way to "reset" the page. Any interaction with the buttons affect what is loaded. If you click the X, for example, you just cleared the currently loaded file and would overwrite that file with no data/rules. (The currently loaded rule set is always displayed in the edit box.)

The solution to avoid that, is either create a new rule definition temporarily, then delete that to get the editing to reset or duplicate something and delete that.

Hi guys. Where can I download this updated version of RC for windows? I have Version 4.2 and RC says it's the most up to date version.
When I goto the site, it's still the same version available for download.

I need this as I have been unable to load any VSTs in RC. There's not even an option for it.

the version discussed here is the beta version, and why new versions are pushed out often..

You are using the stable production version, so, do this...

You need to tell RC what VST's that you want to use.. go to this settings tab..

and at the bottom choose the "add" but NOT the scan library..

Scanning a folder will crash RC!

YIKES!! MAJOR SHOWSTOPPER BUG w/ RC standalone Beta v4.3.0b15 (have not tried the plugin) !!! (Mac Mojave OS 10.14.6)

The RC GUI only appears very teeny tiny inside the window that opens (in the upper left hand corner), and mouse click is off (a mouse click actually gets made somewhat to the left of where you click). Unusable, so back to last beta I'd downloaded (b6)

Yes, indeed, I was working on this in the last few days. Now RC looks perfect on retina displays. In addition I made dozens of small changes in the UI to optimize it for high-DPI/retina displays, both on mac and PC.

A new beta version will be soon available. There is one annoying bug on older macOS versions that I could not fix as of today: text editing does not display the typed characters. This is in connection with the new rendering engine. :bang:

Thanks,
Attila
dbender wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:13 am YIKES!! MAJOR SHOWSTOPPER BUG w/ RC standalone Beta v4.3.0b15 (have not tried the plugin) !!! (Mac Mojave OS 10.14.6)

The RC GUI only appears very teeny tiny inside the window that opens (in the upper left hand corner), and mouse click is off (a mouse click actually gets made somewhat to the left of where you click). Unusable, so back to last beta I'd downloaded (b6)
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

BluGenes wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:53 pm So, what I am doing right now, is double checking the new stuff for the big release on Dec 6th.
I am afraid that ship has sailed :( I hope to fix the remaining annoying issues on macOS for next Monday.
BluGenes wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:53 pm If you have the setting on, to load the last edited chord rules on start up and if you then choose to create a new composition, those rules are still in the chord rules tab. They are not re-initialized.
I fixed that today, thanks!
BluGenes wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:53 pm There is no way to "reset" the page. Any interaction with the buttons affect what is loaded. If you click the X, for example, you just cleared the currently loaded file and would overwrite that file with no data/rules. (The currently loaded rule set is always displayed in the edit box.)
You are right, I added a fix for this. The clear button has 2 uses: normally it clears the page, but for Ctrl-click it removes all rules from the currently edited rules.

Thanks,
Attila

Awesome.. should work just fine like that.. thanks!

Also, if you could push a new beta for windows in the next few days, I can do some more stress tests on it..

RapidComposer v4.3b16 is available!

:help: I ask everyone on macOS, please download and try this update. The UI should work well now, with retina support in the standalone (plug-ins come shortly). RC now runs natively on Apple Silicon.

One thing that does not work really well on older macOS versions is text editing. Please try that too and report any issues with macOS version and hardware details.

Improvements:
  • [macOS] Fixed: UI was half size on retina displays
  • Dozens of small UI changes to improve the UI on high-DPI displays both on macOS and Windows
  • The progression rules editor is cleared for a new composition
  • The clear button (X) in the progression rules editor clears the workspace or removes all rules for Ctrl-click
  • Fixed: smooth scrolling did not work in the phrase editor and melody editor
  • Fixed: alerts opened under the main window
  • Fixed: the chord palette should not be opened for the first click on a chord
  • Fixed: 3 memory leaks removed
  • Fixed deadlock when opening the idea tool

Hello Attila! Yes, text input does not work at all (HiSierra, NOT Retina).And yes, the interface size has doubled, although I do not have a retina display))

Hi lulukom,

thanks for the quick feedback!
I am working on the text input bug, I have no idea why it does not work...
Do you mean RC uses a bigger font size on your screen, or the UI became blurry?
Will you please send me a screenshot in e-mail about your whole desktop with the RC window open?
I suppose software rendering is used. You can check it in the version number under the Support tab.

Thanks!
Attila

The user interface is okay, it's just that the RC interface has gotten bigger, but it's clear enough and looks good.

2.png
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just so you know, I think that you explained the rules editor buttons backwards. In beta 15, it works like it should, click on the X removes and resets, control click clears and keeps.. (or I misunderstood)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”