RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

lol. ya know, I haven't used the production version in so long, didn't even notice that.. :dog:

Installed v4.0b1 today. In the Composition, I am clicking the Instrument drop down. I only see the SF2: files listed and they are duplicate as previously mentioned and fixed. However, I do not see any of my VSTi's listed to select from.
When I check the Settings | VSTi tab I see all my VSTi Pug-ins are enabled and I have 9 of them there. I recall that re-scanning in the past would cause some issues. Not sure if anyone else has bumped into this issue.

What am I missing and how can I fix so I can select my VST's for the tracks?
Thanks.

FYI, it looks like I had missing rcCTRL & missing rcINST files that I copied to the new RapidComposerV4\DB folder and now they are there.

Not sure if this is a user issue or a bug to fix.
I create a new track and add RealStart Elite as the VST.
Then drag and drop a Fingerpicking Generator for example to that track.
When playback starts it sets the VST's Output to 0 and is barely audible.
It looks like RC is adding a MIDI CC for Volume with 100 as the default value but it is cutting the output of the VST and I have to make a manual change to that Volume MIDI CC to fix so the audio is louder or as normal.
Is there a way to not put that Volume MIDI CC there by default or is this a bug to fix?

AxBC wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:15 pm Not sure if this is a user issue or a bug to fix.
I create a new track and add RealStart Elite as the VST.
Then drag and drop a Fingerpicking Generator for example to that track.
When playback starts it sets the VST's Output to 0 and is barely audible.
It looks like RC is adding a MIDI CC for Volume with 100 as the default value but it is cutting the output of the VST and I have to make a manual change to that Volume MIDI CC to fix so the audio is louder or as normal.
Is there a way to not put that Volume MIDI CC there by default or is this a bug to fix?
There is a setting for that.. Setting -> Misc -> New Track -> Add Midi Volume

I am also observing (in Win 10 standalone) that this version won't reload it's own saved files, and silence rather than expected sound on playback.

Also, the template files have not been updated and won't load. Not a priority at this point I imagine, but if at least 1 working v4 template file could be provided to begin with, that would be quite helpful.

Wonderful that v4 is here! Looking forward to the new version coming into it's own!!

Hi BluGenes,

Thanks for the reply. I retested and here are my steps below.

Settings | Miscellaneous | New Track | Add MIDI Volume = Add With Slider
Open RC & set the Track Instrument to RealLPC
It has an Output | Master Volume set to 0.0dB
At this point RealLPC plays normally at the normal expected volume
There are no generators in the composition
RC Track properties for MIDI CC’s shows the Volume setting is 100
Audio Gain is active when I play my MIDI Controller keyboard
Volume slider is in the track at 100
I save the composition as = filename
Now I drag & drop a FingerPicking Generator to the track
Playing RealLPC on my controller still sounds ok at the louder volume
When I click Play in RC the volume is barely audible and you can see the difference in the Audio Gain meter
Adjusting the Volume slider temporarily works while dragging it but when you release it the volume goes low
This is while RC is playing the generated data
Opening the Track properties and manually setting the Volume to 90 or 100 for example seems to fix the volume but there is also a disconnect as the Track properties dialog may say 100 or 90 depending on what I type in but the Volume slider in the track may say 99 or some other value and they do not match if they are supposed to
Are these two Volume’s different or are they supposed to be the same?
I assume one is for the track volume and one is for MIDI volume as I thought MIDI has a separate volume
I can lower the Volume of the track but when I release that slider the volume jumps back to the MIDI CC Volume value

Next, I delete the Fingerpicking Generator(s) in the track and drag & drop a different generator like the Modern Chord Pattern Generator and drop it onto the Track
At this point, my MIDI controller plays RealLPC louder as normal
Now RC will play the new generator at the normal louder volume
It seems to be the very first time of the very first generator I add to the composition has this problem
There still is a disconnect between the MIDI CC’s Volume and the Volume slider on the track
The MIDI CC’s Volume seems to override changes to the Track Volume

Hey AxBC.. I'll pass on this one for Atilla to take on.. I don't have the beta 2 version, so, nothing here works so I can't help right now.. But, maybe try a different VST to eliminate the possibility it is the VST causing issues..

I may be out of here for a while, we have another storm expected to be here in a couple hours of this post. We are expecting loss of power and therefore, internet as well for several days. That's being optimistic too..

AxBC wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:35 pm FYI, it looks like I had missing rcCTRL & missing rcINST files that I copied to the new RapidComposerV4\DB folder and now they are there.
You are right, these files are needed. I made sure all rcCTRL and rcINST files are copied to the V4 folder.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

sj1 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:12 pm I am also observing (in Win 10 standalone) that this version won't reload it's own saved files, and silence rather than expected sound on playback.
I wish I could reproduce this!
Could you send me such a file that cannot be loaded to my info@ address? I could fix this in a minute and upload an update.
Flattening the composition data structures has been completely rewritten but still I did not expect such issues.

Thanks,
Attila

Done!

Thank you for all the feedback! Saved compositions can be loaded now.
I am building a new update...

The Windows version v4.0b2 is already available. Click on "Check For Beta Updates".
macOS version will be finished in about 30-50 minutes depending on how quickly Apple notarizes the installer, which took an hour 2 days ago.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”