RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

I can manually draw it in but it's too hard to get them same, if it could automatically save existing pitch bend and controllers that are in imported midi it would make it easy and you should be able to copy n paste the highlighted events.

Is there a way already to do this ?

tanislas wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:23 pm In RC plugin, is there a way to import midi in another position than bar 1 ? For example if I want to use RC only from bar 17 in my daw and want to import midi to that position.
You can drop a MIDI file to any position (at the moment single track MIDI files).
With MIDI Import you can add the tracks to the end of the edited composition.
Another option is to import the MIDI tracks to bar 1, and add 16 bars before the first note in the Timeline Inspector.
Or import the MIDI to bar 1 and add an empty line of 16 bars before the first note in the Structure Inspector.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

crossovercable wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:34 am Is there a way already to do this ?
Hi crossovercable,

good point! I am working on copying/pasting controller events. I expect this implemented in a few days in the next beta version.

Thanks,
Attila

I also suggest that you could "multi select" items and edit those properties at the same time. Example would be velocity. It would be nice to maybe select every other one and and adjust the selected ones at one time. Currently, you can only edit one at a time. (right click a velocity "bar" in the phrase editor)

Awesome thanks !

It will be good if it automatically saves all the pitch bend/controllers to the phrase that has been imported so you don't need to manually copy.

RapidComposer v4.7b7 is available!

Lots of improvements for MIDI CC editing, and a new melody generator (idea by Chris Caulder) in this update.

Improvements:
  • Copying/pasting MIDI CC events is possible: "Select all", "Copy selection", "Paste to current time", "Remove selection" added to CC menu
  • MIDI CC editor rubberbox selection improvements: hold Shift to extend selection vertically to all values
  • MIDI CC values can be set for multiple events at once
  • Reset button added to the MIDI CC function generator
  • Fixed: after an undo in the MIDI CC editor, the tool selection was not restored
  • New phrase generator: "Melody Generator v2". This works on the scales specified by the chords rather than the master track scale, and has scale tone usage options. Settings were simplified.
  • Experimental: import chords from MusicXML files (.musicxml or .xml; .mxl files need to be unzipped!). You can drop a MusicXML file to the progression browser. Please note: not all such files include harmony tags, the chords are extracted from the harmony tags!

very minor bug just found.. if you have work and you close RC and you get the prompt to save your work, if you choose cancel, the dialog closes and reappears.

Hi,

Great to see XML Import of chords starting to come online into RC!

At this point, the locations/durations do not look correct.

I attach pics, and a file as a testbed (unzip for the XML).

One pic shows the file imported into BIAB. The import is a 32 measure song.

BIAB - All of Me XML Import 01.jpg

The same file into RC only yields 12 measures.

RC - All of Me XML Import 01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sj1 on Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Once single-file import works well, it will be super-great if we can either (or both) -

Drop a multi-selection of files onto the Progresssion Browser and import them all

Drop a directory onto the Progresssion Browser and have all the .XML and/or .MusicXML files in it be bulk imported.

I note that the harmony tags are all inside numbered measure tags, and those numbered measure tags indicate the correct locations. Cheers!

It works well to import midi chord track from Band In A Box, Biab actually writes the chord names as markers now and RC will read them if set in Settings. Just make sure Biab is not saving Part Markers as midi markers otherwise you will get A B chord names where they are.
You can set the RC timeline with a 2 bar count-in offset to match Biab.

Thanks crossovercable. Nice workflow, and nice demonstration of it.

The interoperability of music software is making important and gratifying strides.

Thanks to Attila for doing, and continuing to do, so much to keep RC near the leading edge!

I have spent 14 years hard labor over at Biab trying to get it out of the past, things can take up to 10 years to be added or fixed, very frustrating.
I look at MusicDevelopments and Attila as the gold standard, things are added and fixed in a few days, with the same app released at the same time on Win and Mac. Biab spends 6 months programming the Win version then another 6 months programming the Mac version.
I tried to get them to switch from Delphi to JUCE.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”