Pulsecraft - The Chro 8080

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:01 pm
skarvika wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:15 am How we've gone this long without a proper 8080/8000 emulation is beyond me, but I'm glad it's happening at last.
Beepstreet’s Sunrizer is good but it’s not available for PC anymore. Anyway, I am looking forward to the Reaktor Player version of this one.
The demo still works on PC, has the dev confirmed no future updates for PC? That preset browser makes me want to put my head through the wall. :bang:
bmanic wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:37 pm Any timetable given for this yet?
It was "99% finished" 4 years ago, so your guess is as good as any. :)

skarvika wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:49 pm
Examigan wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:01 pm
skarvika wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:15 am How we've gone this long without a proper 8080/8000 emulation is beyond me, but I'm glad it's happening at last.
Beepstreet’s Sunrizer is good but it’s not available for PC anymore. Anyway, I am looking forward to the Reaktor Player version of this one.
The demo still works on PC, has the dev confirmed no future updates for PC? That preset browser makes me want to put my head through the wall. :bang:
Sorry for going off-topic:
I have Sunrizer already. I meant that if you click Download on their site, the PC version is greyed out. Also I was curious what happens if I click the Buy button, nothing happens in the Chrome or Edge browsers. It does appear to be available to iOS though.

Dark Fiber wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:20 am Why the JP6K only focuses on the super saw is beyond me. Could easily be a more complete plugin in my opinion. I mean, an arpeggiator and an LFO cannot be too difficult, right?
It must be beyond you because you dont know the origin story of JP6K. My university paper was written about the SuperSaw emulation, and I made a synth out of it. It was the first synth I ever made, I was still learning how to do it, and making the first accurate SyperSaw emulation was hard enough at the time, one cannot expect to be able to create an ENTIRE jp8080 emulation with beginner skills. JP6K does have LFOs however, Im not sure how you missed it :)
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:35 pm It must be beyond you because you dont know the origin story of JP6K. My university paper was written about the SuperSaw emulation, and I made a synth out of it. It was the first synth I ever made, I was still learning how to do it, and making the first accurate SyperSaw emulation was hard enough at the time, one cannot expect to be able to create an ENTIRE jp8080 emulation with beginner skills.
Now that you're skilled enough... can we expect "an ENTIRE jp8080 emulation" from you any time soon? :hyper:

kylie wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:59 pm Now that you're skilled enough... can we expect "an ENTIRE jp8080 emulation" from you any time soon? :hyper:

I cannot comment on that at the moment :D

Sorry that will say it directly this way,but recent Viper filters aren't very impressive for filter lovers like me, so adding new types like 8080,303,ms20,sem so on will be not only nice,but very useful as combinations ...i guess Adam grow enough as developer so to do it :)
Viper is dope synth,just filters are the weakest link :)
Cheers :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkeXfoB1U6o
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Thu May 25, 2023 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

adamtrance wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:35 pm
Dark Fiber wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:20 am Why the JP6K only focuses on the super saw is beyond me. Could easily be a more complete plugin in my opinion. I mean, an arpeggiator and an LFO cannot be too difficult, right?
It must be beyond you because you dont know the origin story of JP6K. My university paper was written about the SuperSaw emulation, and I made a synth out of it. It was the first synth I ever made, I was still learning how to do it, and making the first accurate SyperSaw emulation was hard enough at the time, one cannot expect to be able to create an ENTIRE jp8080 emulation with beginner skills. JP6K does have LFOs however, Im not sure how you missed it :)
I know the story! But that was like a decade ago, and there's actually not a lot missing for JP6K to become a complete emulation. I mean, if you turn the oscillators mix knobs all the way down you basically already have a regular saw tooth. It's like 80% done already. For me personally, I only miss the second oscillator, pulse waveform, pulse width modulation and an arpeggiator. Forget about the 2nd LFO (JP6K basically has 3 LFO's because you can set pitch, filter and amp separately and simultaneously) :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:22 am Sorry that will say it directly this way,but recent Viper filters aren't very impressive for filter lovers like me, so adding new types like 8080,303,ms20,sem so on will be not only nice,but very useful as combinations ...i guess Adam grow enough as developer so to do it :)
Vipers filters are the same as the ones in the Virus, so that one cannot do good acid sounds in that either. Or actually it can, its just a matter of taste I guess. Viper wasnt meant to have a collection of all the best filters in the world, its goal was to sound like the filter in the Virus. But I dont really want to hijack the Chro 8080 topic with my products :wink:

Update from Facebook
Soo (Chro-8080 update infromation)
another important feature is almost solved.
the Tie algorithm for the T-Gate is in place. only the release gets cut out on the Env. which is the last step of the other 10.
so 90% is done only one more fix and I hope to spread this feature out to the rest of the sequencer parts.
It took me a couple days staring at the screen and then the light bulb appeared again.
the results are as i want them. Authentic Trance gated with Env dynamics. just the release and I'm on to the next bug.
along the way I'm also implementing the Probability feature and Random Amount so the randomization can be more useful for productivity.
this is part of the Sequencer Randomization feature
additional fixes:
Expression matrix input caused a Max CC error in Reaktor , leading to crash.
CC connections are deleted in the internal reaktor learn panel. fixed the issue.
Bottom black border had 4 pixels blackness.
now solved GUI shows as expected.
Range mouse over in + range did not round values.
Now fixed.
6:50
We came across the Cancel bug, this crashes Reaktor in every way when both the Source and Destination cancel outputs are connected into eachother.
There should be a possibility we leave this specificly to Bradley as he designed the Menu algorithm. In some way it worked before however 2 shared menu's on 1 page has new problems canceling out in a feedback loop crash.
additional features:
the LFO RATE modulation has an issue when pressing multiple notes at the same time increases the amount of modulation.
Working on a fix...
Pressing Filter 2 ON button, needs to be pressed twice.
Still working on a fix...
When pressing more than 6 notes at the same time and then select MONO still leaks out unwanted gates.
full Reaktor Power down and up needed to reset. (top right power button)
Random LFO does not sync yet with the Clock.
Needs urgent fix for specific demo presets.
Menu has been bugged a bit on category selection the * marker does not correspond correctly on selected parameter.
Filter Clip feature does not work on every shaper type yet. It has specific algorithms baked into the 0db Threshold.
Will need some work for all shapers to work on the same threshold. and most still need to be implemented.
The Sequencer Gate does not follow the Drift feature instead every key press.
Might need to think about a solution for the sequencer to drift each next gate.
Macro menu's will be continued when the Cancel feature is solved. The Macro menu will be converted to the Shared menu once the cancel feedback crash bug is solved.
NKS support:
Once all above bugs are solved we can start on NKS.
This will mainly be reworking all Factory bank 1 snapshots(presets)
so every 8 Macro controls are also mapped as the Maschine/Komplete Keyboard controls the macro's.
Every Preset is compatible with 8 macro's unless less are needed.
Meta data will be implemented into every snapshot, preset naming will be adjusted , tags will be implemented according to Komplete snapshot recall.
Automation ID's are already fixed so should be shown as expected. However there might be some Mouse Area features to have Automation Modules to make sure the DAW and Komplete understands this.
(note: the automation module is bugged so copy paste will not work and needs to be inputted manually!!!)
Some small bugs might still appear, no problem. So we should finalize this hopefully before the summer.
Most of the impossible bugs I've been stuck with are now solved. Once the Cancel crash bug is fixed things will finalize really quickly.
This journey is heading towards the end game. Lets rock it :heart:

kylie wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:59 pm
adamtrance wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:35 pm It must be beyond you because you dont know the origin story of JP6K. My university paper was written about the SuperSaw emulation, and I made a synth out of it. It was the first synth I ever made, I was still learning how to do it, and making the first accurate SyperSaw emulation was hard enough at the time, one cannot expect to be able to create an ENTIRE jp8080 emulation with beginner skills.
Now that you're skilled enough... can we expect "an ENTIRE jp8080 emulation" from you any time soon? :hyper:
You know what, I've just purchased JP6K to try some of those third party soundbanks I mentioned and actually, it's got me in agreement with you. I'd love to see Adam expand on what's already there.
Now I'm wondering if it can do those plucky detuned Nord-esque saws (such as those used by Y.O.M.C., Future Breeze, CJ Stone etc)...

But yes, let's not derail it too much. ;) I reached out to Jasper yesterday, unfortunately still only available for the paid version of Reaktor so I'll have to wait until 1.0. 50€ is a reasonable price, maybe even undervalued if this thing turns out as good as I'm expecting. Would like to be able to demo first though.
Last edited by skarvika on Thu May 25, 2023 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adamtrance wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:28 am
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:22 am Sorry that will say it directly this way,but recent Viper filters aren't very impressive for filter lovers like me, so adding new types like 8080,303,ms20,sem so on will be not only nice,but very useful as combinations ...i guess Adam grow enough as developer so to do it :)
Vipers filters are the same as the ones in the Virus, so that one cannot do good acid sounds in that either. Or actually it can, its just a matter of taste I guess. Viper wasnt meant to have a collection of all the best filters in the world, its goal was to sound like the filter in the Virus. But I dont really want to hijack the Chro 8080 topic with my products :wink:
Any chance you will make mac versions of your instruments?

adamtrance wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:28 am
i'm not sayng Viper filters are bad,they do what Virus do,just to my taste their sound is not so distinguish and addictive as famous ones.
If want to make some extra money from existing users,i'm willing to pay extra 25-30 euro for Viper XT (extended version) with 303,ms20,sem,moog and eventually 8080.
I even don't bother to check how close or not are filter of Sylenth1,Synthmaster,Thorn or Icarus to what they emulate,just like the character and vibe they have,that's why use them.
Right now i use Viper only as EDM synth.
Viper XT could become my main synth,if there is these extra filters plus that lfo frame we couldn't understand each other on your topic.
People spend money all day long for absolutely worthless things,so i think something like Viper XT will be dope:)
Just an idea,where users would spend money:)

We have some more bug fixes coming up. Menu system which had a cancelation bug seems to go in the right direction now. Of course some new problems occur, will need thorough testing.

New banks are added!
Jonas Steur (Estuera) has joined the team and will come with tons of presets based on the JP-8000 and ofcourse the upgraded features in the Chro-8080.

More skilled designers have approached us and we will implement these in the official release.

For more details about a 1.0, we still need to breach the NKS part. This will take time. Also all new dedicated banks will need to be implemented.

@Adam thanks for not Hijacking I'm sure you are very capable as we are all just screaming for a JP-8080 emu.
Currently the results are very spot on, and with extra added features as the Chro-8080 is a hybrid shaking hands with many different hardware synths directly compared in our arsenal.

Back in the day I was not easily convinced, but Reaktor has come a very long way and I'm convinced it's working together along side other hardware like:
NMG2(x) Nordwave2 ,Polybrute, Virus TI2, Alpha Juno2, MonoPoly, 303, Juno 106, Alpha Juno.

In experience even analog can sound digital sometimes. but also the exact opposite. <3

All licensed clients can request an update at any time which Jasper will personally provide.
If anyone has any questions you can email us at jasper@pulsecraft.nl

Return to “Instruments”