The Zeta version

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wish this was software I was talking about.. lol, they ran out of names for storms so they are using the Greek alphabet.. Anyways, some of you may not be able to get to web sites to see this kind of report due to area or region restrictions, for whatever reasons..

This is what we are about to endure, notice the small circle with the "2" label. That is the strength of the storm as it will be when it makes land fall.. (Which will have 100+ MPH winds) I am in New Orleans..

OMG! This does not look good :(
I wonder how precise the forecast can be.
I am happy there are no such heavy storms in Europe.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:38 pm OMG! This does not look good :(
I wonder how precise the forecast can be.
I am happy there are no such heavy storms in Europe.
Well, to answer your question, it was spot on. lol.. OMG what a experience. The way you read that image is, the transparent white on either side of the solid white line of the path, is the margin of error, for the track. It is about 100 to 150 miles either side of that line.

We lost power, but, I have a generator, so, still have electricity and for some strange reason, I still have an internet connection.

Had the air conditioning on at one point and the storm would just suck the air out the house, so, had to shut that down. All in all, I suppose the experience was about 6 hours of shear terror.

So, I'll be out of commission for a few days cleaning up and making repairs.

I was able to play around a little bit with v4 and found a bunch of issues, but, not going to have time to go into it.

Oh, and yes, sometimes these storms will make it to the southern edge of the UK now and then. But, most of the time they have lost a lot of their energy by then.

Update... Finally lost internet, using my cell phone as a hot spot.. the entire region is without electricity and will take 10 or more days to get it back.. ahh well...

Well, we almost there.. Still no internet, so, using phone as hot spot. The wireless carriers here actually have standby generators at all the cell towers here, so, that works..

They saying we should have power back on by this weekend, but, not holding my breath on that one. We are at the bottom of the food chain for that.. lol

Anyways, here is the outage map of our area as of this post.. (which will be my last post on this issue)

Thanks for the update, BluGenes!
Take care!
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Take care my friend!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”