How's FL Studio 20?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tooneba wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:41 pm
Votox wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:58 pm It's my favorite DAW. I use it since v.3. The lifetime free update is a big plus. And the workflow is fine too. Use the DAW you want; if you know your DAW, you can build a nice workflow in every DAW.

Performance is not up to date. And the coding is not "industry standard" (see PDC, how to handle Buffers...).
Speaking of PDC it's better than Ableton at least right?
Yes, Ableton is the worst in that area! :tu:

JefferyReese wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:39 am I didn't even need probably half of the functions in there.In that sense I love FL Studio's stripped down aesthetic, it helps me focus more on what is important and not get bogged down in utilizing functions of the DAW that maybe I never even really needed in the first place, whether it be in composition or mixing.
btw. is there undo-zoom in FL Studio which goes back to the previous zoom state, I know about ctrl+shift+right(zoom-in to target) click but what is the way to go back to the prev state? (gonna ask it on FL Forum too, so please give another answer :D )

in Cubase this is a simple double-clicking on an empty area
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgYNP7N7c0c
3:50>
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

There's 2 big sound driver issues that really need sorting in FL Studio or there is for me. One where I can't play You Tube through my Behringer interface at the same time as FL. You Tube just hangs with the spinny circle in the centre of the video and even after closing FL, I can't play You Tube for ages after. Minutes. It's usually better for me to restart my comp. The 2nd is the sound distorts / drops out / blows raspberries if I overload it with (I think) a CPU intensive sound / audition patch. I have to make sure when auditioning sounds that the whole duration of the sound has dissipated before I change to another sound to audition it. If I don't the whole thing seems to crash soundwise and distort to hell then I have to change soundcard drivers and back to my Behringer audio interface drivers to continue again. Very annoying. Works seamlessly in Reaper and the You Tube one happens with Reason too except You Tube doesn't hang, it plays slower so the audio is deeper (Barry White) sounding. These 2 issues need addressing drastically as I started a thread on it and it's a known about issue (the last one) so obviously not just me that has the issue. Apart from those 2, I'd say my most wanted features are:-

1) Comping in the Playlist.
2) Transient Detection / Manipulation / Quantizing of Audio in the Playlist.
3) Improved FruityNotepad with Fonts, Colours, Font Sizes, PNG / JPG's, B/I/U, More Pages, the ability for it to be opened individually (not as an insert effect) so it can be viewed for lyrics without having to click it after. Also Opens On Playback and Record modes to have it automatically open on Playback or Record. Also can be scaled and placed anywhere on the screen and always opens in the last place you left it, to the scale you last left it.
4) Macros and More Customizability as mentioned in the poll on here on page 1.
5) Stackable Time Markers.

and if it doesn't already have these:-

* Filtering the Undo History and also displaying it in sections:- Playlist, Midi Editing, Mixer, Plug-ins.
* Pitch Up / Down up to 12 Semitones of Audio in the Browser.
* BPM Display of Samples in the Browser.
* Tempo Match (and half speed / double speed) Samples in the Browser.
* Reverse Samples in the Browser.
* Audio Wave Display of Samples in the Browser and can loop / start play / end play from anywhere in the waveform.
* Slice a Sample Up By Transients in the Browser and all of the above can be applied to the individual slices and the whole waveform with the altered slices or just the slices themselves can be dragged and dropped into the Playlist.
* Stock De-Esser.
* Stock Exciter.
Last edited by Eclectrophonic on Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:09 pm
Eclectrophonic wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:00 pm There's 2 big sound driver issues that really need sorting in FL Studio or there is for me. One where I can't play You Tube through my Behringer interface at the same time as FL. You Tube just hangs with the spinny circle in the centre of the video and even after closing FL, I can't play You Tube for ages after. Minutes. It's usually better for me to restart my comp.
Do you use different samplerates in Windows and FL Studio? Some interfaces require the same samplerate to be able to play both ASIO and Windows audio at the same time.
This is when both are being played through my Behringer interface (through headphones) so the samplerates should be the same shouldn't they? if I put You Tube through my computer speakers, different soundcard, no problems. FL through my interface, You Tube through comp speakers. Reaper does this thing where as soon as you click out of Reaper, it says "offline" on the clips in Reaper so it's putting Reaper (presumably) into an offline state which therefore allows You Tube to play.

How do I check the samplerate in Windows just to check?

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:43 pm
Eclectrophonic wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:26 pm This is when both are being played through my Behringer interface (through headphones) so the samplerates should be the same shouldn't they?
Not necessarily. The samplerates in the DAW and in Windows are independent from one another.
Eclectrophonic wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:26 pm How do I check the samplerate in Windows just to check?
Not sure, as my Windows version is not set to English, but try:
- Right-click on the speaker symbol in the Windows taskbar where you can change the volume
- Choose "Sounds"
- Change to the "Playback" tab
- Double-click your audio interface
- Change to the "Advanced" tab

Here the samplerate should be listed.
I couldn't access where you meant by right clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar but found it eventually with a little perseverance. I found that I was on the samplerate for DVD Quality. When changing it to CD Quality instead, You Tube and FL Studio worked at the same time. I tried to change the Windows samplerate back to DVD quality and it alerted me that another program was using it or something or other and would stop working so obviously being on DVD quality was the issue. Fixed.

Thanks!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”