Show and Tell - Your guitar(s)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought a new pick guard for my telecaster, friggen $50 :lol:

I could have probably found a cheaper one, but the G&L's have kind of a non-standard cut vs the fender's I think. Was just easier to get it from them as they made the thing in the first place.

Found out they are owned by BBE sound of the sonic maximiser fame, interestingly. :shrug:
They are about to revamp their pedal line apparently.

She turns 25 this year!

Already posted when I got it year ago or so, but found this better beauty shot on my phone. Love this guitar more every day <3

Bacchus BLS-120 1997, handmade in Japan, upgraded with Motor City Black Belt PAFs
bacchus.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Love that Bacchus

That is. Wonder how it plays?

Here are my two purchases of the year. Both Eastmans.
E1D Cla and E2OM, which is Sitka/Cedar over Sapele, all solid woods. Very nice guitars that won't break the bank.
IMG_0922.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Eastmans seem to be really great bang for the bucks, and if I ever buy another acoustic guitar (not that I don’t want to, I just need to find a bigger place first…), they’re on my bucket list. Sadly there seems to be no shop near me that has them, so I’ve never been able to play one.

My experience is that they are similar to Martins in one respect: they both tend to need setups out of the box. It is the tone that sucked me in. I had an E10D, with the Adi top, and it was a monster, but I foolishly sold it. All in all, I've tried out 7, I think. These are their bottom of the line solid wood gits. Their upper range is starting to look like Martin's prices around 8 years ago. I don't need shiny, pups, or cutaways. These guitars are great. If I want a larger hog/spruce sound, I have my Guild F40e.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Btw the only stringed instrument I bought this years is this:
Sire.png
A Sire Marcus Miller V5. Didn't break the bank and plays and feels great. Pickups could be a bit beefier for my taste, maybe I'll change them one day, but I have no idea about replacement pickups for Jazz Basses and which I could like (I had a Squier CV 70s to compare, which I actually preferred a bit sound-wise, but not how it felt, the Sire was much better quality overall, had no issues like the Squier).

As I've only been playing bass for roughly 1.5 years and this is already my second, that makes one bass every 7 months so far :hihi:

Have fun! MM Basses are very good ftm.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

My Lakewood M-18, bought March, 2008. Alpine Spruce over Ovangkol, all solid. Excellent guitar for blending into a mix. Very balanced, but almost clinical. For solo guitar playing, I'd choose something with a bit more character.
IMG_1006.jpeg
-Martin Luther King Jr.

My Guild F40e. Solid Sitka/Mahogany jumbo. Drop D rattles the windows. Well, my ribcage…
CF05EF8B-711D-490B-B8A0-BFCCAAC0FD31.jpeg
-Martin Luther King Jr.

needs a guthrie style sticker

"this machine annoys synth goth punks!!!"

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:41 pm needs a guthrie style sticker

"this machine annoys synth goth punks!!!"
Too polite… :lol:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm doing inventory shots for the first time in almost 4 years, so the Missus won't get burned if she has to sell them, so, I'll put them up. Can't be arsed to do a vanity/sofa/collection shot of the acoustics, still may with the electrics, which are very good, but not as good as my acoustics.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

This guitar is a Japanese domestic, crafted at the Fuji-Gen plant. This guitar no longer goes by the name Elite. Epiphone had to change the name due to copyright issues. The name changed to the Elitist in 2004. This guitar is a reproduction of the late 1950’s Les Paul. I bought the guitar used on reverb that is why the pick guard is missing.

I know someone with a Japanese Epi 335. Says it's an impossibly good guitar for the money.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”