Show and Tell - Your guitar(s)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bombadil wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:03 pm Thankee. I just wish I had someone to play them with.
Yeah, me too. I moved away from my guitar jam buddies a few years back. It's less fun jammin' alone. ...

I bought this 4 months after getting off the street in April 1981, off the son of a jazz guitarist name of Sonny Greenwich, in a small shop in Montreal of that year.
It is an Ibanez ST-50. I paid $237 CAD for it that year, case included. Still have the receipt somewhere. Anyway, did almost all of my recording and gigging with this guitar. Needs some tlc with a soldering iron and one of the tuners either fixed or replaced, but plays and handles great for a 41 year-old guitar. I just pulled it out from under the bed to see if it was still playable. Yessireebob.

BTW, that nice chip in the finish, bottom left? I did that a week after I bought it. It was sitting in my bedroom (I was splitting a place with a friend), and I went running in to get it to show off to my friends. The case was open, guitar fell out, I put fist through wall, end of story, pretty much.
It was, according to the serial#, made at the Terada plant in Japan, 1980, which was known for knocking out high quality instruments.
IMG_0106.jpeg
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

nowadays you pay extra for chips like that.

:hihi:

Shoulda gone into the 'relicing' bidness.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

My 12 Strings:
Lakewood M-32/12 Custom;
Gretsch G5422G-12 Electromatic.
I love the Gretsch through Amplitube Leslie! 8)
And a photobombing cat. :hihi:
2523F447-0897-471B-A3F9-F6FDE00E0286.jpeg
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I love this thread even if I'm just hear to window shop.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I'm after a decent 12 string, but the stock levels in this country are a joke. Many places are waiting 3 months or more on orders.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

tcc_pedal_board_2022_web.jpg

Some of my guitar pedals ... Nobels Ultra Fuzz, Yamaha FL-01 Flanger, Electro Harmonix Nano Looper 360, Strymon Big Sky, Elektron Analog Drive & a VOX V845 Wah Wah.

tcc_guitars_and_amps_2022_web.jpg

From left to right: Orange Crush 20 and TC Electronic BG250 amp combos ... Schecter Tempest Extreme, Fender Telecaster. Paul Reed Smith SE Standard, Epiphone Thunderbird & a LAG Tramontane.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stratocaster aka my #1 - totally partscast
Fender locking tuners with rosewood buttons - corian nut strung with .11mediums
Fender noiseless Jeff Beck sigs, harnessed each with it's own vol pot(no tone control, I know; weird but works for me), woody knobs and selector tip, beat to crap body : = )
peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Bombadil wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:03 pm Thankee. I just wish I had someone to play them with.
I've had the same issue since moving up to the Borders ... and Covid doesn't help
There's a small scene in Berwick , but that's 20 odd miles away (on country roads)
I've started teaching a mate to play, but it'll be a while 'til he can play well enough to jam.

Here's a picture I found of me and my Tokai Breezysound taken in 1990 :)
dave_zip_91.jpg

I should never have sold that guitar ... :love:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mister Natural wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:06 pm Stratocaster aka my #1 - totally partscast
Fender locking tuners with rosewood buttons - corian nut strung with .11mediums
Fender noiseless Jeff Beck sigs, harnessed each with it's own vol pot(no tone control, I know; weird but works for me), woody knobs and selector tip, beat to crap body : = )
peace
theres a thread in everything else, about studio "mascots"
your circus muscle man may find some friends :D

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:39 am
I've had the same issue since moving up to the Borders ... and Covid doesn't help
There's a small scene in Berwick , but that's 20 odd miles away (on country roads)
I've started teaching a mate to play, but it'll be a while 'til he can play well enough to jam.

Here's a picture I found of me and my Tokai Breezysound taken in 1990 :)

dave_zip_91.jpg

I should never have sold that guitar ... :love:
ah the 90s curtain hair :hihi:
we all went there :oops:

Just found out one of my oldest and dearest friends and the best drummer I know personally is dying from stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Very sad but also a bit of wakeup call to get to work.

With that inspiration I got my old #1 out of the mothballs. I haven't played it for over twenty years and it needed some serious TLC. I put it up because of bad memories of my ex-wife. But f#ck that. It's time I quit giving that bitch free rent in my head! This guitar was custom built to my specs by Chandler guitars of CA. Paul Chandler himself personally built it for me. I chose Chandler because a few years earlier they had been commissioned by Vox to build the only REAL Vox guitars ever made in the USA the teardrop MkIII. It was a small run and they're rarer than hen's teeth now. Of course mine is rarer still.....#1....of 1. Interestingly, Paul used a neckplate with a serial from the MkIII series.

the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Sad to hear bout your drummer. Cancer sucks… been there.
Groovy Vox though !
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Yeah, cancer can feck itself. Sorry about your friend. I hope he is receiving proper palliative care.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”