Roli: Equator 2 is here !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

dlandis wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:28 pm
MegaPixel wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:47 pm
dlandis wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:23 pm As far as the glide issue you mention, I've never seen it in Bitwig. It does, however, still happen in Studio One as this is a recognized Studio One bug (with no scheduled date for rectification, and yes, it does happen similarly in all VSTs that allow for the use of MPE in Studio One.) It is most pronounced on patches with a longer release segment of the ADSR envelope.
It actually stems from their software...

Skip to time 2m 44s

https://youtu.be/ZNui93uVSv0?t=144
Gotcha. Yes, this seems like a different issue than what I am seeing and others have reported in Studio One for sure. For one thing, what you've showed here is much more random sounding. The bug in SO reverts to the original pitch struck. And no, I don't think I've ever seen anything like this in Bitwig (thanks for the clarification, BTW.) Has anyone you know reported similar behavior with Equator 2 in Bitwig? Is it only Equator 2 or are other MPE synths showing the same erratic behavior? Have the techies at Bitwig been of help? Do you get the same behavior with the Arturia turned off (trying to think outside of the box a bit.) BTW, I do not have the Rise 2 as my MPE controller; I have two Seabord Blocks, a Lightpad M, and a Touch Block (FWIW; not sure that's the issue at all, of course.)
it's being reported in the roli software, I doubt that it's anything to do with bitwig as it shows the notes wrong on the dashboard, hopefully its not at midi source level or it will be an issue with the seaboard itself which would require a firmware update. hopefully its just their lack of skill to handle midi data.

I reported the issue over 6 months ago.

After all this I went to work on kilohearts phaseplant mpe bug, snapping back to zero issue than last note pressed location, which is now fixed.
Web Developer by day, DAW tinkerer by night...

I don't understand why Roli still doesn't allow you to choose a directory location. People have complained about this for years with no resolution.

TR4 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:37 am Just tried it with the "Acoustic Piano" preset and can confirm it sounding weird in Bitwig 4.4.10.
Then tried the same preset via the ROLI Studio Player plugin and it sounds correct :ud:
I can confirm that this is fixed in 2.5.1, at least on my v4.1.1 version of Bitwig running on Windows 10.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:37 am
TR4 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:37 am Just tried it with the "Acoustic Piano" preset and can confirm it sounding weird in Bitwig 4.4.10.
Then tried the same preset via the ROLI Studio Player plugin and it sounds correct :ud:
I can confirm that this is fixed in 2.5.1, at least on my v4.1.1 version of Bitwig running on Windows 10.
It is fixed in all versions I'm sure. Certainly is in V5.

I'm about to buy this, but...they force you to install a bunch of gigabytes of data on your c drive???

briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:35 pm I'm about to buy this, but...they force you to install a bunch of gigabytes of data on your c drive???
It relies on samples for a lot of natural instrument sounds. I just let it use default locations, but maybe you can move them. Not sure.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:44 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:35 pm I'm about to buy this, but...they force you to install a bunch of gigabytes of data on your c drive???
It relies on samples for a lot of natural instrument sounds. I just let it use default locations, but maybe you can move them. Not sure.
My system drive is getting used up already from all the other amateur hour devs that force you to store stuff on your system drive. As well as the idiotic VST3 standard which no one likes and seems to have been devised by a committee of people that don't use or develop audio software. I'll probably have to resort to some stupid, ugly symbolic link workaround.

It's not even remotely difficult to code a program that allows you to access data on a different drive.

It's definitely annoying, but you can move them to a different drive and use symlink. I've been doing it without any issues, and it was quick and easy to set up, except for one minor issue I was able to correct (hopefully that's been resolved by now).
Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:21 pm
TR4 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:24 pm
Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:36 pm Finally decided to make room for Equator2 by uninstalling almost all the Roli soundpacks I've bought, moving all the rpkg files, and uninstalling or moving other software I won't need immediately. (Brilliant business strategy there Roli! Hope whoever is responsible for still not letting content data be stored on secondary drives enjoys all the money they're not making because of that.)
Can't you use a symbolic links? That's what I've been doing.
Thought it might be faster loading from my NVME drive but it's about the same as my 8 disk RAID50 mechanical array so I've put the 12GB+ ROLI folder there instead.
I moved C:\Users\Public\Documents\ROLI to E:\Audio\ROLI and just made a symlink back to the original location

Don't know what your OS is, but for Windows I use Hard Link Shell extension (which makes it so much easier than using cmd prompts)
https://www.schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlin ... llext.html
The cmd prompt method seems very easy; in Windows, you just Run as administrator and type:

mklink /D "C:\Users\Public\Documents\ROLI\Equator2" "new path"

Obviously replace Insert new path with whatever new path you moved Equator2 to, for example I used D:\Equator2

mklink /D "C:\Users\Public\Documents\ROLI\Equator2" "D:\Equator2"

Seems to be working fine, though that is a "soft link" and you seem to be recommending a hard link to the folder (that type of hard link is called a directory junction)? For that replace /D with /J

I did run into one issue though: trying to move

C:\Users\Public\Documents\ROLI\Equator2\Factory Library\Samples\sampler\Strings\Double Bass\Double Bass - Dark Mono

brought up "Item Not Found" error, probably because there was a space at the end of the directory name: "Double Bass - Dark Mono "

However I was able to move the files from inside the "Double Bass - Dark Mono " folder and then delete the folder using command prompt:

rd /s "\\?\C:\Users\Public\Documents\ROLI\Equator2\Factory Library\Samples\sampler\Strings\Double Bass\Double Bass - Dark Mono "

with that weird \\?\ required because the space at the end messes things up.

I also use a symlink, Mac OS 10.14.6 and also on Ventura on an M2 MB Air without probs.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”