New metal track (as in, a metal track that is new, not a nu metal track!) - Bespeckled Wilderbeast Fight-cannon

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Part of eventual soundtrack for more Quake Epsilon stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/soulstudiosprese ... ght-cannon

Instrumental metal

I'm liking this. Few points though... Guitars are way over processed. They need more depth and less flang / phase.
I also think the snare needs some reverb... Its too cut and dry.
Overall.. Excellent

Why post the same track that you posted yesterday on another thread?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=555936

Still below on the front page of the Music Cafe!

I'm confused!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Might as well post the same feedback again then...

Nice heavy,driving groove - effective and full of energy.

I know it's soundtrack music, so often 'no vocals', but for me it was crying out for some sort of extra melodic layer / melodic hook soaring over the energy.

Mix seemed quite MID frequency heavy?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

The guitars drown out the drums and bass but fun. Listen to some 90s death for production hints
Amazon: why not use an alternative

ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:54 pm Might as well post the same feedback again then...

Nice heavy,driving groove - effective and full of energy.

I know it's soundtrack music, so often 'no vocals', but for me it was crying out for some sort of extra melodic layer / melodic hook soaring over the energy.

Mix seemed quite MID frequency heavy?
Thanks for that - I think I might be inheriting my parents slight dementia, cause I honestly didn't remember posting it the first time! Doh!

Will take another listen on alternate speakers. I think you need mixes like this a little empty so the sound fx of the game can sit in there nicely - but will have a play back at studio and see if there's anything that would fit over top - maybe a synth line.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:07 pm The guitars drown out the drums and bass but fun. Listen to some 90s death for production hints
Yeah I think on lesser speakers (for example listening to it on this laptop through the internals) it's coming through a bit too strong - thanks for that.

Mikelo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:40 pm I'm liking this. Few points though... Guitars are way over processed. They need more depth and less flang / phase.
I also think the snare needs some reverb... Its too cut and dry.
Overall.. Excellent
Good tip on snare - will post back here once I've made some changes.
Guitars, I was sort of going for a more processed sound, at least on this one. Kind of wanted something halfway between synth. Will have a play.

Return to “Music Cafe”