Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

Isotope Stutter Edit 2.1 released and I can confirm it is native.

davestretch wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:21 am
jamcat wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:46 am T-RackS is supposed to come out this month. IK always releases on Thursdays, so I expect it to be this week. Just in time for Black Friday.
Hopefully - this is the response I got from them on Insta to my comment a couple of days ago:
And with that news, I am no longer expecting T-RackS to be this week, or this month.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Rickskii wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:08 pm Isotope Stutter Edit 2.1 released and I can confirm it is native.
It’s one of those plugins I own as part of a bundle but never bothered to install. I remember trying it once but it was a frustrating experience with a very fiddly interface and you had to trigger fx using midi which meant I couldn’t play my keyboard at the same time. Is that still the case?

NI Massive X 1.4.2 is available to download, it's Native AS now. I guess the next would be FM8 then.

and next year Reaktor/Super 8 and Battery 4.

darkinners wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:30 pm NI Massive X 1.4.2 is available to download, it's Native AS now. I guess the next would be FM8 then.

Is FM8 even going to get native support at some point? FM8 and Absynth 5 don’t even have official Rosetta 2 support yet according to NI’s website so I didn’t know if they were going to get updated at all after seeing that.

I tried looking for info to see if those two were going to get native support at some point but couldn’t find anything.

JonathanLevine wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:12 pm
darkinners wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:30 pm NI Massive X 1.4.2 is available to download, it's Native AS now. I guess the next would be FM8 then.

Is FM8 even going to get native support at some point? FM8 and Absynth 5 don’t even have official Rosetta 2 support yet according to NI’s website so I didn’t know if they were going to get updated at all after seeing that.

I tried looking for info to see if those two were going to get native support at some point but couldn’t find anything.
Here’s the link: https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... ility-News

Absynth is end of development so will not be AS native

Absynth is dead but if Komplete 14 include FM8, it should be getting AS native update within this year.
Reaktor and Battery 4 will be next year.

Absynth 5 works for me on Rosetta on Ventura

darkinners wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:46 pm

Absynth is dead but if Komplete 14 include FM8, it should be getting AS native update within this year.
Reaktor and Battery 4 will be next year.
Gotcha. Just wasn’t sure about those two, I knew Reaktor and Battery would get it by early next year. Thanks for the help guys.

Not surprisingly the VST3 version crashes in Bitwig when moving the global macro knobs, and the GUI is non existent in Digital Performer, checking Reaper and Live as I write.

Typical NI 1.0 issues. The AU works fine in DP, we'll see about Reaper and Live.. Hopefully Cubase users at least get a working VST3 plug in.

Massive X VST3 and AU both doing fine on Live 11 Suite here. But holy hell is it still a CPU hog.
Back to Opsix Native for me.

adamjay wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:48 am Massive X VST3 and AU both doing fine on Live 11 Suite here. But holy hell is it still a CPU hog.
I think the performance is excellent on a M1 Macbook, roughly comparable with Pigments. I haven’t run extensive tests, but complex patches with lots of voices take up around 15% per core. That’s perfectly fine, imho.

adamjay wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:48 am Massive X VST3 and AU both doing fine on Live 11 Suite here. But holy hell is it still a CPU hog.
Make sure to set your buffer size to 128 samples

It's surprisingly light in Bitwig, barring the VST3 crashes... obviously light in Reaper. The AU version works fine in DP, about 15% like mentioned.

Entonal Studio needs adding (host and plugin) - seems it's been native for a while

https://entonal.studio

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”