Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

JonathanLevine wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:09 pm Edit: Never mind, they did update their website. Here’s the link, it shows what plug-ins are native at the top now: https://www.antarestech.com/os-compatibility/
They must have just updated that since a couple hours ago. I looked at it then.

JonathanLevine wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:09 pm Edit: Never mind, they did update their website. Here’s the link, it shows what plug-ins are native at the top now: https://www.antarestech.com/os-compatibility/
The just added a quick note on top of that page, but did not update the versions.

If you go to the installers and click to download, you will see that the Mac versions are all a minor version higher now. So the 9.0.1 versions are now 9.1.0, Auto-Key gone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0

The versions in the database are therefore incorrect. 9.0.1 is not native nor is 1.0.2.

Too bad Pro is not updated yet, and that as a pro user, you do not get access to the artist version.

teilo wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:31 pm
machinesworking wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:27 pm
dayjob wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:09 pm
machinesworking wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:56 pm
Not that it would ever happen but in a perfect world they would sell it to UVI who put the tech into Falcon.
which tech is that? just curious. was unaware UVI had anything to do w/it or that izotope had anything to do w/falcon
Iris does a sort of subtractive synthesis based on the same tech in iZotope RX, so it's unlikely that they would sell or license it. I was just stating what would be the best solution to me, either Falcon or Omnisphere etc. with Iris capability, that's all.
It reminds me more of SpectraLayers. But yes, it is quite unique. Nothing else like it. I'm also sad that is seems to be abandoned. I didn't do any serious work with it, but it was fun. It does not run at all on an M1.
I think that Iris 2 saw a small update, to make this compatible with M1 Macs via Rosetta.

Indeed, it's listed in the iZotope page as compatible with Rosetta 2. But not in the list of plugins that will see a M1 native port.

ADSR's Drum Machine is M1:
https://www.adsrsounds.com/drum-machine/

I've been waiting for this one: MidiFire by Audeonic is native, and they added an AU Midi module.

MidiFire is sort of like Audio Hijack/Loopback, but for MIDI. You can patch together various modules, and it presents virtual MIDI interfaces. Extremely useful when using external hardware.

Pinku Eiga wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:02 am I think that Iris 2 saw a small update, to make this compatible with M1 Macs via Rosetta.

Indeed, it's listed in the iZotope page as compatible with Rosetta 2. But not in the list of plugins that will see a M1 native port.
They may list it as compatible, but it crashes constantly.

eagle007 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:34 am
The just added a quick note on top of that page, but did not update the versions.

If you go to the installers and click to download, you will see that the Mac versions are all a minor version higher now. So the 9.0.1 versions are now 9.1.0, Auto-Key gone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0

The versions in the database are therefore incorrect. 9.0.1 is not native nor is 1.0.2.

Too bad Pro is not updated yet, and that as a pro user, you do not get access to the artist version.
Ugg! Why is a supposedly professional company so sloppy?! Thank you for this. I’ll get them updated.

teilo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:34 pm I've been waiting for this one: MidiFire by Audeonic is native, and they added an AU Midi module.

MidiFire is sort of like Audio Hijack/Loopback, but for MIDI. You can patch together various modules, and it presents virtual MIDI interfaces. Extremely useful when using external hardware.
I have not tested this myself, but according to the feedback of users, you can achieve the same MIDI routing in Mac, with Midiflow, a Universal and native iOS app that can be installed on M1 macs.

https://apps.apple.com/es/app/midiflow/id879915554

By the way, I have tons of iOS/iPadOS music apps installed on my M1 Mac. When they're not officially supported (they can be installed, but they haven't been tested by the developers), normally it's a mixed bag. Some apps don't start at all, other have AUv3 units that fail validation in Logic but that can be used by bypassing the validation. Other AUV3 units can't be loaded at all into Logic, but they work in obscure iOS DAWs such as Audio Evolution Mobile Studio (also an Universal iOS app).

Some day with time I will prepare a list of the M1 native ones that I consider usable.

And thanks for the info about Iris 2! I have been tempted of purchasing this for 10 bucks a lot of times.

teilo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:37 pm
Pinku Eiga wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:02 am I think that Iris 2 saw a small update, to make this compatible with M1 Macs via Rosetta.

Yeah I was gonna say, that plug-in hasn’t been updated in years. A lot of these companies don’t even push an actual update to their products to make them Rosetta 2 compatible, all they do is verify that it works under it. 99% sure Iris 2 never received an update to make it officially Rosetta 2 compatible. Who knows, maybe there’s an Iris 3 around the corner or something. Kinda doubt it though.

Pinku Eiga wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:57 pm
teilo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:34 pm I've been waiting for this one: MidiFire by Audeonic is native, and they added an AU Midi module.

I have not tested this myself, but according to the feedback of users, you can achieve the same MIDI routing in Mac, with Midiflow, a Universal and native iOS app that can be installed on M1 macs.
You can also route MIDI from place to place with just the Audio/MIDI Setup App built in to Mac.

It looks like MidiFlow a lot of the same things that MidiFire does, some things with more flexibility, some with less. Looks like it can route directly from apps, whereas MidiFlow relies upon a virtual MIDI In/Out port which it creates.

MidiFire has a bunch of modules that let you remap channels, transform MIDI in any way you can imagine via scripting such as mapping one CC to a different CC, merge MIDI from multiple ports, monitor the MIDI stream, change the clock and set BPM, split into separate channels by note, transform between MIDI and OSC, adjust pressure curves, filter out events, etc. If you can imagine it, you can do it. It works with drop-in modules, and virtual cables that let you connect the modules together in any combination you can imagine.

I use a MidiFire set, for instance, to scale the velocity on my Yamaha DX7 from its limited 1-100 range to the full 1-128 range so I can use it as a MIDI keyboard.

teilo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:37 pm

yeah not only that but there's sever latency in the gui. click and dragging is a guessing game because it doesn't really happen in realtime. even when using it standalone not as a plug in it's super sluggish and really a piece of crap

Talking about iPad apps that can be installed on M1 Macs and run natively, Drambo is one of the most powerful modular synthesizers and it runs flawlessly on Mac. Also, after the recent 2.0 update released last week, now in addition to an experimental modular synth, a groovebox and an AUv3 host, it's also a competent DAW with a clip launcher that can also save automations.

https://apps.apple.com/es/app/drambo/id1469365718

In Mac, the standalone app is essential, because it can load most of the iOS AUv3 units that fail to run on Logic.

But even if you're not interested in having an AUv3 host to run your iOS synths in Mac, this is one of the most powerful contemporary synthesizers with UNLIMITED possibilities. And it includes an AUv3 unit that can be loaded into Logic or Reaper to have various instances. Take into account that due to limitations of the AUv3 format, the AUv3 plugin can't be used to load other AUv3 modules.

Drambo also has a Patchstorage page, in which you can download a lot of patches and wild experiments made by other users.

https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/

Sinevibes have updated almost all of their legacy Mac-only plugins to native.

Alternator 1.0.4
Array 3.0.4
Atom 1.0.6
Blend 1.0.2
Cluster 2.0.3
Corrosion 1.2.1
Dipole 1.0.3
Dispersion 1.0.5
Drift 3.2.1
Droplet 1.0.4
Emission 1.0.3
Eternal 1.0.3
Extremum 1.0.4
Flow 2.0.3
Fraction 1.4.4
Hexonator 1.0.6
Hologram 1.0.3
Inertia 2.0.7
Luminance 1.0.2
Malfunction 2.0.2
Molecule 1.0.3
Octagon 1.0.5
Rerun 1.0.2
Reshuffle 1.0.2
Sequential 3.1.2
Shift 2.0.4
Singularity 1.0.6
Stream 1.0.2
Switch 2.0.3
Robotizer 1.0.3
Turbulence 2.0.3
Whirl 1.0.1
Zap 1.0.1

https://www.sinevibes.com/updates/
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:11 am Sinevibes have updated almost all of their legacy Mac-only plugins to native.
What an amazing company. None of their legacy products are available for sale, but they still updated nearly everything for their existing customer base.

Pinku Eiga wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:47 am Talking about iPad apps that can be installed on M1 Macs and run natively, Drambo is one of the most powerful modular synthesizers and it runs flawlessly on Mac. Also, after the recent 2.0 update released last week, now in addition to an experimental modular synth, a groovebox and an
I'm conflicted on whether I want to add iOS/iPad apps to the mix. They would only really work in Logic, aren't officially supported, and it's a real crap shoot as to which work stably. The best we can do is rely on user reports.

What do people think?

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”