Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Lab Pro Arturia Prophet VS Sound Library V Collection X

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:06 pm Is an upgrade transferable btw? And is it tied to your V Collection license? Let's say I buy VC8 (full, not the upgrade from VC7) someday and I want to sell my VC7 and Stage-73 V2 upgrade. Can I sell these separately or do I have to sell them together? If possible to sell separately, I assume the Stage-73 V2 upgrade can only be sold to someone who has Stage-73 V or a VC that includes Stage-73 V.
you don't see that belong together. native instruments has in a way the same problem in their accounts, but it is straightforward, and explained better.

but upgrade from VC7 to VC8, it seems to me, it can't be done, selling VC7, although when you checkout for an upgrade, it looks like you get a discount on a full package.

native instruments warns you also if you don't have the right upgrade/update path..

o i read your post wrong, don't delete the text, because the account of arturia is strange..

the VC7 + stage-73 V2 upgrade, mmmmmh, you upgraded from v collection, not from a seperate bought stage-73. in these cases i contact support from arturia....

they don't state what is upgrade path, and the connections...

WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:58 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:30 am
WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:02 am the JUP-8 V4 upgrade, for €14, now! yes, was to tempting. and sounds pretty, or pretty, good.
Where do you see €14? My JUP-8 V4 upgrade is still $/€29. Upgrades are not part of this offer AFAIK.
on checkout... €14,43... i bought it. so. order: €14.43... the upgrade via v collection 7, one instrument..

EDIT: the same for Stage-73 V2 (checked it, didn't buy it..)
Sweet! Thanks for sharing this. :tu:
I might just buy one or both of these upgrades...

wow, I bought both updates for $29 each 1 month ago :dog:

But hey people, don't sleep on the Jup-8 V4, for ~$15 is a real bargain, and it sounds really good.

If I understand Arturia Support correctly, then an upgrade is linked to the V Collection meaning it can't be sold separately, not even to someone who already has a V Collection that includes a previous version of that instrument.

I thought that was the case for upgrades from other developers as well... and not just for music software. Just saying.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:36 pm
WasteLand wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:02 am the JUP-8 V4 upgrade, for €14, now! yes, was to tempting. and sounds pretty, or pretty, good.
Where do you see €14? My JUP-8 V4 upgrade is still $/€29. Upgrades are not part of this offer AFAIK.
on checkout... €14,43... i bought it. so. order: €14.43... the upgrade via v collection 7, one instrument..

Sweet! Thanks for sharing this. :tu:
I might just buy one or both of these upgrades...
Wonder if this is a mistake. Why not show lower price in the my offers page? The full package 7 to 8 upgrade isn’t reduced by 50% on checkout. Stays €299 for me.

I will just wait for the reduced 7>8 upgrade ,... like 99$ ,... I guess
HM

Given current upgrade is 299 I suspect the sale will be 149 when it comes. Justified with the 4 instruments vs 3 last time and the Jup/stage upgdates.

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:46 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:36 pm
Wonder if this is a mistake. Why not show lower price in the my offers page? The full package 7 to 8 upgrade isn’t reduced by 50% on checkout. Stays €299 for me.
Yeah, it is indeed possible. Thinking if I should cash in on Jup-8 V4.
SHall1000 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:29 pm Given current upgrade is 299 I suspect the sale will be 149 when it comes. Justified with the 4 instruments vs 3 last time and the Jup/stage upgdates.
Yes, exactly for this reason I am holding myself, since upgrading individual instruments does not reduce the price further and I am not sure if we could resell the upgrade. I also believe that $149 is going to be the best sale offer going forward for VC7 + OB-Xa V to VC8. No upgrades will be lower than $149.

After demoing Stage-73 V2 and comparing it to V1 and Lounge Lizard Session, I couldn't pass up getting it for just 14 euro. It's obvious that V2 is the best Rhodes emulation of these three, although I still very well could use V1 and LLS when I need a more lofi sound or just a different flavour V2 can't provide. I'll wait for VC9 and enjoy Stage-73 V2 in the meantime...

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:29 pm Given current upgrade is 299 I suspect the sale will be 149 when it comes. Justified with the 4 instruments vs 3 last time and the Jup/stage upgdates.
Yes maybe they will raise it from 99 to 149

Foremost the Vocoder I wait for, its 99 right now, but still I would prefer to pay 149 for the full pack

Individual instruments are expensive, even on sale,... and being complete is always nice
HM

Thanks! I never would've put it in the cart to check.

Now, do I grab this before it's NKS compatible?
The groove baby, the groove...

waltercruz wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:25 pm wow, I bought both updates for $29 each 1 month ago :dog:

But hey people, don't sleep on the Jup-8 V4, for ~$15 is a real bargain, and it sounds really good.
Great! I am tempted now... :borg:

Especially since I am not sure if I would be willing to spend $149 to upgrade my V Collection 7 + OB-Xa V.

I also hope it gets NKS compatibility soon.

Well ,... 149 is kinda money still for a 7>8 upgrade deal ,... thats not cool for every step

Especially not when just the Vococder is the main-reason this time

How about waiting for 7>9 or 7>10 ,.... would that likely still be 149 when there is a deal ?

(as for NKS compatibility I guess there is full support since ver 7.1 ,.. so I should be ok still on ver 7)

https://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/11/ar ... -more.html
HM

I agree, $149 is not bad at all for every 1.5 years. The fact is I haven't really been able to use all that's there in VC7, so ideally I should not think about upgrading to VC8.

Regarding waiting for VC7 to VC9, it is at least one year away from now (May 2022 as per trends) and I believe that will be more than $149 considering the new upgrade pricing.

Regarding NKS, any instruments that are not yet NKS will hopefully be made so by 8.1 release, so maybe within a couple of months from now.

For now, I went ahead and bought the Jup-8 V4 upgrade for $15.

Return to “Instruments”