IK announces UNO Synth Pro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Next generation analog for everyone

IK Multimedia announces UNO Synth Pro and UNO Synth Pro Desktop

New paraphonic dual-filter analog synthesizers elevate the UNO line to new levels of sound design, flexibility and connectivity

January 13, 2021 - IK Multimedia announces UNO Synth Pro and UNO Synth Pro Desktop. Developed in collaboration with Italian boutique synth-maker Soundmachines, both these new analog synthesizers take the groundbreaking UNO Synth monophonic synth and expand it in nearly every section: more oscillators, more filters, more sequencer memory, more effects, more presets, more connections and more programmability. UNO Synth Pro puts this amazing new sound engine in a rugged metal chassis with a 37-key synth-action Fatar keybed, while UNO Synth Pro Desktop provides a more portable form factor to travel anywhere.

The UNO Synth Pro's unique dual-filter, 3-oscillator paraphonic design lets it create nearly any synth sound imaginable, and with 256 presets, a new 64-step sequencer and expanded CV/Gate and audio connections, users will quickly find it's the ideal creation station for any outboard rig.

Huge, real analog sound
Three analog oscillators offer continuously variable waveshape, including pulse-width modulation. Oscillators can be hard-synced for more harmonically-complex tones, and oscillator FM (frequency modulation) lets users shape everything from bell-like sounds to screaming industrial tones. UNO Synth Pro even includes ring modulation for wobbly, sci-fi sound, and a white noise generator for a wide range of percussive sounds and epic rises.

Dual-filter design with 24 available modes
In addition to the original UNO Synth's 2-pole OTA multimode filter, UNO Synth Pro adds a new SSI 2/4-pole LP filter with self-oscillation. The dual filters can be used in series or parallel, with invertible phase, for a total of 24 possible filter modes. This unique design offers nearly limitless tonal possibilities, from recreating classic vintage sounds or forging completely new, experimental sounds.

Massive sonic flexibility
UNO Synth Pro offers two full ADSR envelopes, one dedicated to the filter and the other to amplitude, with both available as sources to modulate everything from oscillator pitch and waveshape to LFO speed or even other envelope stages. Two LFOs (low-frequency oscillators) can create classic synth vibrato, wah and tremolo as well as do more complex modulations including audio range FM.

A 16-slot modulation matrix makes routing all these a breeze. Users can quickly and easily design even the most sophisticated modulation scheme, with both internal and external sources, including MIDI controllers.

Deep onboard effects
UNO Synth Pro offers four effect blocks: an analog overdrive circuit from the original UNO Synth, plus three new, custom-designed digital effects: modulation, delay and reverb. External signals can also be routed through these effects, with pre-effects filtering for added flexibility.

Improved playability
UNO Synth Pro offers a premium 37-key synth-action keybed made in Italy by Fatar, while UNO Synth Pro Desktop provides an enhanced version of the original's long-lasting capacitance-sensing keys along with pitch and mod strips for enhanced expression. Both units add firm-touch rubber pads for the control sections, plus LED-backlit indicators and an LED display for key information, making it easier than ever to use live on stage or in deep programming sessions in the studio.

Powerful presets, sequencer and arpeggiator
UNO Synth Pro offers 256 user-editable presets, each capturing the full state of the sound engine from oscillators to effects. An onboard 64-step sequencer offers both step and real-time recording, with automation of over 80 parameters, letting users create incredibly intricate and evolving soundscapes, and even write CV and gate automation.

And a 10-mode arpeggiator makes it easy to create intricate patterns and runs, while a new "chord mode" takes advantage of UNO Synth Pro's paraphonic design, opening the door to triads and chord work.

Advanced connectivity
UNO Synth Pro offers two noiseless, balanced stereo outputs as well as headphone out, for superior audio quality in any situation. USB and 5-pin DIN MIDI In and Out make it easy to integrate with other synths, Mac/PC and mobile devices, and its assignable CV/Gate connections lets UNO Synth Pro interact effortlessly with a Eurorack or other modular system.

And now, an audio input allows access to the filter and FX section for external signals, in addition to the original pass-through for daisy-chaining multiple units together without using a mixer.

Options, pricing and availability
UNO Synth Pro and UNO Synth Pro Desktop will be arriving in Q1 2021 and are currently available for pre-order from the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide for $/€649.99* and $/€399.99 respectively.

*All pricing excluding taxes

For more information about UNO Synth Pro or to see it in action, please visit: www.unosynthpro.com
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i look forward to my freebie for sticking up for you :P

looks much more fun than the original :tu:

Demo videos sound awesome. Looks a bit strange to program though. Pretty cool though, is the red enclosure plastic or metal?

Lots to like in the spec (I have the original UNO) but for me €649.99 (€750 with tax?) is way to much in the current market for a small monosynth with very few hands on controls (and It is a bit toy like in looks in my opinion, No Sequential Pro 3!)

An expensive analogue synth with just 4 multi function knobs (not even endless encoders?) isn't something I would be interested in at the price, its basilcay the same as the UNO that I paid £115 for as a fun little desktop synth...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Wait, the price difference is $400 for the desktop, and $650 for the full size? $250 difference for just the keybed? Is that the ballinest keybed out there or something, thats kind of nuts? Either way, I am fine with the $400 price for what you get, I think its fair. I would spring for the desktop personally, as I am more than satisfied operating these things with my Keystep.

BTW Clicking the preorder button does nothing on my machine...

Dunno - with the UNO Pro at $400, I think I would choose the Dreadbox Typhon instead (which could be had for under $350).

Jkist wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm Wait, the price difference is $400 for the desktop, and $650 for the full size? $250 difference for just the keybed? Is that the ballinest keybed out there or something, thats kind of nuts? Either way, I am fine with the $400 price for what you get, I think its fair. I would spring for the desktop personally, as I am more than satisfied operating these things with my Keystep.

BTW Clicking the preorder button does nothing on my machine...
I thought the same- looking at the 'compare versions' they are the same (even with the CV connections) other than a little 37 note keyboard, the Pro Desktop (as a module) is a decent option...street/sale prices will probably make that version quote competitive (the original UNO went very cheap in the sales and are less than a ton on ebay...always a few of them!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This is no toy, and you can compare the versions and check out specs (and other videos, audio demos etc) on the UNO Synth Pro web page but this video of Luca Zabbini using it also shows a lot of what you can do:

https://youtu.be/tngw5o63KO8

It's also not a "little" keyboard. Full size, semi-weighted keys in a Fatar keybed. Also, metal construction for the full UNO Synth Pro keyboard version...

Might also want to review the information available if you think this is "the same as UNO Synth"...

bharris22 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:00 pm Dunno - with the UNO Pro at $400, I think I would choose the Dreadbox Typhon instead (which could be had for under $350).
If you want a mono Behringer Odyssey (built like a tank, great FX) can be had for under $500 but for $600 you can get a lot of polys...

Deepmind 6 POLY will give 37 Semi-weighted full-size velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch, 4 FX Engines and 12 analogue Oscillators - 2 OSCs and LFOs per voice poly can be had for $600

Korg minilogue XD 4-voice Analog Synthesizer also about $640

Its a very competitive market now-a-days...$650 for a mono with 4 knobs and a matrix, reminds me of the Waldorf Blofeld

Missed a trick not calling these DOS and TRES if you ask me.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:06 pm It's also not a "little" keyboard. Full size, semi-weighted keys in a Fatar keybed. Also, metal construction for the full UNO Synth Pro keyboard version...
So why 250E more just for a 37 note keyboard, the smaller one is identical other than this? Seems a bit OTT - does it have aftertouch?

I know its not the same as my uno, but I don't feel the need to upgrade as I don't really like programming analogue synths with just 4 pots and a matrix, but that may just be me! The UNO was cheap and a bit of fun (and it sounds great) but in my opinion when you are charging 650+TAX you need a few more hands on controls....

Is this going to have a software vst bridge simlar to the Virus /.Electron etc as that would make some sense with the programming etc with minimal knobs to interact witha nd wondering if those are assignable or fixed functions.
Demo sounds nice and impressive although I am personally or geared out £££ wise currently.
I will say Ive always had a little negative niggle with the Fatar Keybeds (but that was experience from seeing a shed load of faulty/refurbs about 15/20 years ago with their midi keyboards) however time does move on and things do improve?

Specs look good, but for that price you kind of expect more hands-on control than what was available on the original UNO. Having the same cramped parameter matrix and 4 pots to control an even more complex synth engine doesn't sound fun.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”