IK announces UNO Synth Pro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, I jumped on it when they had the early bird discount, which is kind of the same as waiting for the initial demand to drop. Without the discount, I'd probably have waited until the market had cooled a bit. Weirdly, though, they haven't got it up on my local shop's website yet, when most things are up there the day after they are announced, even if they don't have pricing yet.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Sounds like you took a measured risk (as an UNO original owner) and it paid off!
I guess they wont have to discount much initial if the reviews are good (and they all seem to be) and demand is high.

I was a little disappointed they didn't do a better/longer initial discount for UNO original owners who probably wont need both...they need to look at that 30E postage as well...postage is normally free from any other shop and they are the OEM so have the better margin!

Anyway, I am really pleased its good and its on my short list! IK have been great with the editor/firmware updates on the UNO so I have every confidence it will only get better.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Sold an MPC One yesterday. A unused Nord Modular is on its way out too on sunday, and the Bodyssey is on sale too. Glad to hear from Bones that the noise was a bluetooth issue and not permanent. I foresee that I will be owner of this synth in a not too distant future. The comfyness of having a small sized 3 osc analog synth to bring to the dinner table with Mr. Mac is irresistable.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

I sold my Bodyssey as well, enjoyed it whilst I had it, but after a while I juts needed the space and big mono's are the first to go...small mono's are the future ;-)!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:43 am small mono's are the future ;-)!
I'll buy that prediction as far as my own focus goes ftm.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:43 amI sold my Bodyssey as well, enjoyed it whilst I had it, but after a while I juts needed the space and big mono's are the first to go...small mono's are the future ;-)!
Should have stumped up for the Korg.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:00 am
SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:43 amI sold my Bodyssey as well, enjoyed it whilst I had it, but after a while I juts needed the space and big mono's are the first to go...small mono's are the future ;-)!
Should have stumped up for the Korg.
I fell for the coloured LEDs :wink:

Thanks, BONES, for the kind words about UNO Synth Pro - I knew you'd enjoy it and find use for it in your rig. I, too, was a bit disappointed that such a long video didn't take the same amount of time to bone up (pun intended) on the features of the synth before posting a video.

While this one isn't a review and has a bit of a different purpose, Doctor Mix did a "how to recreate the Star Trek theme" video using only UNO Synth Pro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4DmF51Wl3I

@Peter - any reason why delivery on the little desktop unit is 30E to the UK?

Seems a lot, I got my Z-Tone DI from you guys and I am sure delivery was free (it is for the AXE I/O Solo that I looked at) - what gives? Makes it cheaper to buy retail even with mu 35 Jam Points!

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:46 pm @Peter - any reason why delivery on the little desktop unit is 30E to the UK?

Seems a lot, I got my Z-Tone DI from you guys and I am sure delivery was free (it is for the AXE I/O Solo that I looked at) - what gives? Makes it cheaper to buy retail even with mu 35 Jam Points!
I do not know. I can [edit - did, via email, will let you know] ask our UK rep but I'm not sure about specific shipping terms worldwide except that it is calculated based on your location during the checkout process.

Hey Peter, I never doubted I'd love it. Can you thank whoever decided to include the powerbank for free, it was a thoughtful gesture, greatly appreciated.

Delivery to me in Australia was amazing - sent on Friday, delivered half-way around the World the following Wednesday.

Peter, are there plans to add a VST editor for Uno Synth Pro?

Yeah, I like to know that too. Dumped my Bodyssey and Deepmind 6 in one strike today. Getting closer and closer to the desktop version, but a VSTi editor from which I could automate within Reason would be the icing of the cake and trigger.

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:26 am Yeah, I like to know that too. Dumped my Bodyssey and Deepmind 6 in one strike today. Getting closer and closer to the desktop version, but a VSTi editor from which I could automate within Reason would be the icing of the cake and trigger.
IK made a great cross platform and free synth editor (VST and stand alone') for the regular UNO, so I would be absolutely amazed if there isn't one for the 'pro'. The synth editor even lets you get at hidden features, so....

I am actually really surprised it wasn't available strait away considering they already developed one for the UNO and the UNO Pro has been a long time in development (and even since announced!)

https://youtu.be/AcjqXgaMHeA

Very nice. Hit us with a similar stunt for Pro, and I am all in.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”