DSP563xx Emulator (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rasmusklump wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:42 pm
hcv242 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:07 am ive also found a little bug. when you change presets with program change, the synth changes the preset, but the screen showing the name of the preset isnt updated and always shows the same preset name.
Yes. That's happening here in Cubase 11 on win10 as well.
But otherwise it runs great. I don't get spikes or overloads.
Are you on the Discord? There is a Cubase specific beta testing group. You can report the bugs there.

This happens on ableton live. It is not host related. But that doesnt bother me. The cpu spikes are the real problem here
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

Scotty wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:49 pm
rasmusklump wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:42 pm
hcv242 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:07 am ive also found a little bug. when you change presets with program change, the synth changes the preset, but the screen showing the name of the preset isnt updated and always shows the same preset name.
Yes. That's happening here in Cubase 11 on win10 as well.
But otherwise it runs great. I don't get spikes or overloads.
Are you on the Discord? There is a Cubase specific beta testing group. You can report the bugs there.
No discord here.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:18 am Does this GUI allow you to load any of the synth roms listed on the first page? Like Nords etc.? Or is it really just for the Virus?
So far it just working for the Virus (and not the Ti). On their discord they haven't committed to the next synth but it will be based on using one DSP5363xx for now. Some of the potential candidates use more than one DSP. For now they are concentrating on getting all the bugs out of the Virus emulation. I am really impressed with this project.

Great project! I saw a video, very impressed.

Finally got around to testing this now that it has a GUI. I just want to say that it looks and sounds fantastic. Very good work. No strange CPU issues here on my i7 7th Gen.

will we do the Sharc now that we r successful,
or is it only Analog Devices that r in play?

nix808 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:54 pm will we do the Sharc now that we r successful,
or is it only Analog Devices that r in play?
Well, if you're part of we, I do hope you will.

I think i need around 5 lifetimes before I can contribute to this,
it turned out not to be a bad idea though.

I would like to know how advanced audio in LT Spice is

Lots of great updates over the last few weeks!
1.2.15 (2022.03.26):

- [Fix] Skin files were not correctly loaded from disk
- [Fix] [UI Hoverland] LFO3 destination was a duplicate of LFO2 destination
- [Fix] [UI Hoverland] MidEQ Gain & Freq were duplicates of LowEQ Gain & Freq
- [Fix] [UI Trancy] Broken Part Volume & Pan knobs

1.2.14 (2022.03.25):

- [Imp] Performance improved in some circumstances when JIT compiler had to regenerate code
- [Imp] Drop down menus with lots of entries now use multiple columns

- [Fix] UI skins were not found on disk (Mac/Linux)
- [Fix] [UI Trancy] Size of some labels reduced to be able to display more text
- [Fix] [UI Trancy] Unison Mode switch did not work

1.2.13 (2022.03.23):

UI only release

The UI system has been rewritten and is now data-driven which allows custom skins.

Some smaller changes & improvements have been integrated while reimplementing the UI

- Debug-style drop down boxes in the upper left corner have been removed and replaced by a right-click context menu
- UI base scale has been adjusted so that both skins have about the same size
- The current skin can be exported to disk by right clicking and selecting "Export" in the context menu
- Additional skins that are found in the "skins" folder next to the plugin can be selected in the context menu
- Focused parameters now display the correct text instead of displaying a generic value of 0-127

Hoverland skin specific:
- Debug-style Single/Multi play mode switch buttons have been replaced with better graphics
- Version number & Donate Info have moved to the bottom and use the skin text color
- The duplicated Presets tab has been removed as a presets button was already there
- The info about the loaded ROM has been moved to the upper right and is prepared for runtime ROM switching (not implemented yet)
- Physical MIDI port selection has moved to the global page
And a sexy new skin too!

| MacOS Ventura MBP 14 M1 Pro 32GB RAM | PC Win 11 7950x3D 64GB RAM | Ableton | Bigwig| RME Babyface Pro | Yamaha HS8 |

I don't see the last three updates...

Ah OK, they're betas.

The latest updates with the new latency options seem to fix the high CPU usage on not so fast machines. It now works on my somewhat older i7 without dropouts and with relatively low CPU consumption. Good work!

what hardware do i need to dump a rom

Please try to get some arrangement with Mr. Kemper/access. Like Adam Szabo did it for Viper.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”