DSP563xx Emulator (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Impressive work. Congrats :)

Thanks dude ;) love your work also

Are the Nova 2 and SuperNova 2 available on these chips? Only seeing the first versions mentioned in the list, although the first versions that would still cover most things except FM.

Have the Nova 2 (6 parts compared to 8 on SuperNova 2) and Mystery Islands editor, pretty keen on seeing what can be done since the Nova series has no clones out there.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

whannel wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:58 pm Are the Nova 2 and SuperNova 2 available on these chips? Only seeing the first versions mentioned in the list, although the first versions that would still cover most things except FM.

Have the Nova 2 (6 parts compared to 8 on SuperNova 2) and Mystery Islands editor, pretty keen on seeing what can be done since the Nova series has no clones out there.
First off, congratulations on having a Nova 2! I had a Nova 1 twice-over and I loved the little guy. A bit fiddly to use since I'm used to working with soft-synths, but that "Hard Kore" patch gets me every time :o

The good news is that, yes! the Supernova series also used Motorola DSP chips, so it's also a possibility. The bad news is that it likely has the largest amount of them out of any of them -- a whopping 8 DSP chips on the rack/keyboard SN1 and SN2 and 6 on the Nova 1 and 2. This is probably because they are multi-timberal synths where each layer has independent effects. So one layer could be drenched in reverb and the other isn't. This was a big selling point for them.

As of right now, the Emulator is struggling just to get a 1 DSP chip synth going which is why they are focusing on all the Viruses. There has been a huge amount of progress and the Virus B is pretty much ready to go as-is, but there's no telling if it'll be possible to do synths with more than one chip. Nevermind with as many as 8.

Time will tell and, given how much progress this project has had on such a rapid scale, I'm hoping there's an innovative solution. These are all incredible synths and the Supernova in particular is a mighty workhorse. Anyone who loves Trance shouldn't sleep on it. But time will tell and all we can do right now is cross our fingers :)
Last edited by Shiek927 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amram wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:28 am This is very nice:
"DSP56300"

Sample-perfect MIDI Timing with a Virus B :

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... -01-24.mp4
Gorgeous!! when the filter reaches it's top, I love the sound coming out and remember why I always preferred these old-school synths versus modern stuff. It's got that sound that's instantly recognizable :D

Shiek927 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:50 pm
Amram wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:28 am This is very nice:
"DSP56300"

Sample-perfect MIDI Timing with a Virus B :

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... -01-24.mp4
Gorgeous!! when the filter reaches it's top, I love the sound coming out and remember why I always preferred these old-school synths versus modern stuff. It's got that sound that's instantly recognizable :D
Indeed, there's something about this sound that just feels very "right" .
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

BETA VERSION NOW AVALIABLE :)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=567546

So, the project itself is legal since the developers choose not to include any ROMs. But is it legal for a user to download ROMs and use them with this software if they don't own the original synths?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I don't think so
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Users can download whatever in the peace of their home, for their own use. Redistribution of the ROM is illegal, though (i.e. bundling the emulator with the ROM).

Ok, thanks 👍
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

You guys are just amazing ! Thank you for guiding us into the light !
i hope someone takes his time to show shortly how to setup this in a daw like logic pro or similar, i mean i‘m not a pro …

how to setup ,video tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEjlJP32FrA
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

So at this point, this can be only used in a Vsthost as a, basically, standalone synth? No way to use it in a DAW as a plugin?

Cheers

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”