Which DAW is fastest to load?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reaper

jcolle wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:57 pm
LeVzi wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:47 am
jcolle wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:12 pm I think fastest is based which SSD you use
I have an SSD and Cubase 10.5 is on that, still takes ****ing ages.
Have you compare with other DAW? i haven't compare because only have 1 DAW hahahaha
FL studio, Mixbus, and Reason. I accept that about Cubase though, its just the way it is.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Logic on the new M1 Macs take about 2-3 sec.

Reaper, Cubase and Bitwig in that order, on Mac with SSD are lighting fast. Pro tools and Ableton 10 the slowest (live 11 it seems has improved it is pretty fast now)

Ableton 11 is insanely fast opening on my iMac Pro. Logic is just as fast unless there have been new plugins installed..

Anything on an M1 Mac. It's pretty bizarre.

I'm with Engee. I don't open and close my DAW much. I work in it.

On my M1 Mac mini, 2 seconds.

rcube wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:41 am Fl Studio for me too.

Fastest to slowest for me-
FL Studio
Reason 11
Live 10
Reason is slow. You can go and make a cup of tea while it's loading lol!

Most certainly Reaper.

Fun fact:
I've been using computers for music for quite some years. Back in the day when all sound was outside the computer - we used computers for MIDI-sequencing to outboard gear like AkaiS900 and a couple of Superjupiters. The best sequencer by far was the Voyetras Sequencer Plus Gold running on DOS 6.2 (yup - we had sequencers made of gold way back.. :D ). We wrote a small batchfile to start the software and assigned it to a key.

So we started the computer pressed S... and started to work. By the time a computer these days is still loading it's BIOS we were way into our next project.
Computermuso since intel8086
http://www.fivelsdal.no/

FL Studio can be opened and have a quick plugin scan ran before many other DAWs have finished just opening.

For me the fastest is FL Studio, Reaper, and the slowest is Logic Pro. FL Studio is my main DAW. I love FL piano roll more than reaper or Logic pro, but I like Reaper theme customization features more than FL :hihi:

The fastest to load is "Quick Draw McDaw" :)
No auto tune...

Wasn't that some old arcade shooter?

And I can vouch for SSDs. My old laptop was like a depressed turtle until I yanked out the HDD and dropped in an SSD. I swear it reboots almost as fast as resuming from sleep mode!

I only use SSD's as boot drives on all of my computers...

Anything else is like waiting for paint to dry..
No auto tune...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”