Anyone have any new info on Tantra 2?>

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

epiphaneia wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:58 am
chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:24 pm I'm not saying that. But, if it comes like it's inevitable to come, I will pay only $19.99. :) Or, rather... 25 €, for us poor Europeans who have to pay VAT.
... just in case someone's interested: I successfully applied a $25 loyalty voucher on the Tantra 1 upgrade price, bringing the upgrade price down to $24,99 + vat.
Worked for me too.

ztrauq wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:04 am
epiphaneia wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:58 am
chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:24 pm I'm not saying that. But, if it comes like it's inevitable to come, I will pay only $19.99. :) Or, rather... 25 €, for us poor Europeans who have to pay VAT.
... just in case someone's interested: I successfully applied a $25 loyalty voucher on the Tantra 1 upgrade price, bringing the upgrade price down to $24,99 + vat.
Worked for me too.
The update is well worth that price.

29,74$ incl. VAT - bought

I originally bought Tantra from Dmitry's website, so I contacted them through this page: https://dmitrysches.com/support/contact to ask for the upgrade and a migrated license to Plugin Alliance. Everything went smoothly and I've been exploring the new version today. I can have both version 1 and 2 installed and they won't interfere with one another since the system views version 2 as a separate plugin.

I'm using an iMac and the print looks pretty crisp to me, although I would certainly change the light gray letters on the gray background to something that stands out more. I don't mind the flat design, it's just a little difficult to read, even on the "normal" size. The one thing that does confuse me about the GUI is how much blank, dark background there is. It adds up to quite a bit of real estate that isn't being utilized.

That seems like a strange decision to me because that space could be used to offer more controls, but then I'm not a graphic artist and maybe a minimalist design was the intended philosophy. I do like the colors of the Modulator section and it's insanely easy to come up with some rhythmic audio gymnastics. I'd really love to see further development of different effects modules such as granular or other processors that make sound design work a one stop shop.

I have Tantra 1 and the update would cost 25 bucks with a voucher.

I am not bothering, Tantra 1 was pretty good when it came out but there are many better options for this type of thing now, and Tantra 2 doesn't begin to catch up being effectively just a new skin. Should have been a free 1.1 update.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:48 am I have Tantra 1 and the update would cost 25 bucks with a voucher.

I am not bothering, Tantra 1 was pretty good when it came out but there are many better options for this type of thing now, and Tantra 2 doesn't begin to catch up being effectively just a new skin. Should have been a free 1.1 update.
The gist I got from an Email from Dmitry was that this was not possible because of the agreement with PA. He also stated that Tantra-3 will bring more refinements/features, and more or less implied that waiting for that release is something to consider (which I will), and would be the same price as going from 1 to 2. (so paid again from 2 to 3).

I'm going to pass on this also.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

PatchAdamz wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:18 pm The update is well worth that price.
In what way?

Shabdahbriah wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:18 am
SLiC wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:48 am I have Tantra 1 and the update would cost 25 bucks with a voucher.

The gist I got from an Email from Dmitry was that this was not possible because of the agreement with PA. He also stated that Tantra-3 will bring more refinements/features, and more or less implied that waiting for that release is something to consider (which I will), and would be the same price as going from 1 to 2. (so paid again from 2 to 3).

I also picked up on that- V2 is a long way behind the competition as it is essentially the same as V1 which was released in 2015!

Hopefully V3 will bring something new to the game, until then there are better tools in the box for this type of thing...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Shabdahbriah wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:18 am

Seriously? Tantra 3 could still be 10 years away. ;)

I can have it for 25$ using my 75$ voucher.
Not sure if this offers something unique besides StepFX in LogicPro.
Yes, I should demo it.
But I'm a bit tired of all these new glizzy trendy releases...

-snip-

apparently i can't read

morphex wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:50 amI'd really love to see further development of different effects modules such as granular or other processors that make sound design work a one stop shop.
This is what I was hoping for in T2 - additional effects.

^^^
and to be able to host audio fx plugins. :D

Mr Arkadin wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:34 am
PatchAdamz wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:18 pm The update is well worth that price.
In what way?
I will let DS answer that one in detail:

First, we have completely rewrote Tantra code base, except for the most important processing models, that directly affect backward compatibility with Tantra 1.x presets. We needed to do that, because the old framework we created for Tantra back in 2015 got a bit outdated. Thanks to the new framework we have managed to get rid of a bunch of known old issues with tempo automation, troubles with non-optimal parameters smoothing and lots of other less important things, that over years had accumulated a significant technical debt. At the same time, the new framework allows us to easily add multi-threaded processing, provide all required plugin formats and minimize amount of time required to release updates.

But the new framework is only a basis. For Tantra 2 we wanted to implement a new UI building concept and an intelligent sound design helper.

Today, in a smartphone world, responsive user interfaces and fluid animation becomes a sort of a standard. But audio plugins still provide old school, static UI with almost no animation. There is a reason for that, unlike smartphones, current versions of computer operating systems SDKs do not provide a flexible and easy way to achieve 60fps animations without an impact on CPU in a form of a solid framework, which is easy to learn and embed into a development process. So, we decided to build our own framework, which utilizes OpenGL and Metal for high performance, hardware-accelerated graphics. And we managed that, in Tantra 2 you will see 60fps fluid animations and UI, which is completely calculated at your GPU, saving CPU for audio processing code only. And that works nice in all DAWs, plugins formats and operating systems!

At the same time, you probably won’t see much difference between UI of Tantra 2 and UI of existing plugins. And there is a reason for that too. The process of graphics design for real-time 3D animations is so complex and requires so much new knowledge, that we decided to split the process into two parts. First, we wanted to build a framework that would allow us to run such UI designs in your DAW, and we have done that. At this stage, to save our time, we have designed Tantra 2 UI by the rules we have been using for all our previous plugins. After that, we will concentrate on certain design implementations, and that what’s we will be doing in close future. We are sure, we will bring you sometime later UIs that demonstrate capabilities of our framework in depth.

The second aspect of Tantra 2 we focused on is a new randomizer. In XXI century, we believe audio plugins will start to help people to program sounds. Still, it will be just tools, but smart tools. In Tantra 1 randomizer was not smart, it provided some use, but in many cases, it generates useless random variations. For Tantra 2 we decided to implement something better. We call it “intelligent” with quotes because it is not artificial intelligence yet. But instead, we broke sound programming progress in Tantra into separate sound design patterns, determined various conditions for selecting and applying certain patterns and combined everything into a single algorithm, that analyzes current preset and randomly selects a combination of patterns, which it thinks best suited for the current sound. And we think it works. The randomizer in Tantra 2 will not replace sound design skills, but it might bring you advice in your sound design process.

And finally, you still can continue to use Tantra 1 with no restrictions. Tantra 1 does not use online or C/R checks for authorization, so it will be always working and available for download at our website. And there is no rush in upgrading to Tantra 2. We are sure we will release Tantra 3 one day. You could easily use Tantra 1 until that day and ask us for the transfer when that happens.

Redesigned user interface
Added new "intelligent" randomizer
Added new filter models
Added native Apple Silicon architecture support
Added multi-core layer processing option
Added global playback speed control
Added modulator shift left/right options
Plugin Data folder can be relocated on Windows now
Added various optimizations, improvements and fixes
Added VST3 plugin format
Factory Expansion 1, 2 and 3 added to the factory presets library
Dropped 32bit support for both Windows and Mac

Let us know please if you have any question,
And thank you very much for your support, it means everything for us!
Best wishes,
Dmitry Sches

A good amount of updates PLUS its good to be supportive of developers, especially in these days.

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:27 am I can have it for 25$ using my 75$ voucher.
Not sure if this offers something unique besides StepFX in LogicPro.
Yes, I should demo it.
But I'm a bit tired of all these new glizzy trendy releases...
UPADTE 2: Upgraded. $25. The randomize is really nice, much more useful than the v1. plus the GUI resize makes it worth it. The GUI needs work in order to improve workflow from a visual standpoint. Hopefully we wont have to wait long for that.

This! I was struggling to explain my disappointment in general too with these kinds of releases. Piddly updates for hard cash. Notice how the prices are all around that magic $30 mark, give or take. It's like devs determined that the $300 plugin was a thing of the past because very few people other than Elton John would spend that, and he has everything too! Now it's releasing these tiny updates for $20 here $30 here etc. forget it. Make it free, or charge me $50 and give me a substatial update. And for Tantra, a multi-year wait. No. Not falling for it.
Last edited by plexuss on Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”