why is there no tutorials with talking

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deleted

Program seems to be a nice upgrade . I hope there will be some tutorial videos with more depth and of course talking however i dont mean this comment in an offensive manner . https://soundcloud.com/jaikez/control-the-mind-1

I am working a new series at the moment. Sorry it is taking so long, but, I plan to complete them all, before I start uploading them. Shouldn't be to much longer..

Well on this forum you are my favorite person
bluegenes as you have made very kewl tutorials that helped me with the previous version of the software and without your tutorials i would have long given up on rapidcomposer as for example i hate tutorials that dont have voice in them. Also your tutorials are very professional and i assume you dont work for the rapid composer company but just do these tutorials to help others. Anyways thanks for responding . And just to say to others that i have major crashes in cubase 11 pro version and i know its not my computer or cubase settings as i run thousands and thousands of dollars worth of plugins that are rock stable and never crash . and my version of cubase 11 pro never crashes except with rapid composer. I sent an email to the developer and complained and i am now sure he isnt going to like me one tiny bit for the email . But it is my opinion that software should be more stable . However i am not saying that rapidcomposer is not a decent program but i am saying i am not a very happy camper with this version 4.1 in the least and i am suprised by it crashing . https://soundcloud.com/jaikez/blues-1

Hey thanks.. I think the next series of videos will be a lot better for you and others. It is a complicated process, but, mostly just tedious. My production was interrupted due to issues out of my control, and I had to stop for a while.

Sorry you are having a problem with crashes. RC is a very complicated program to write. It is a real challenge when there is only one programmer to do the work. I have confidence that those problems will get resolved, though.

I suggest rolling back to a version that doesn't crash until the issues are resolved.

EDIT: Another suggestion that I can offer, is to use the stand alone version instead of the VST version for now. I know it changes your work flow and all, but, this way you could use the newest features and just create the midi for use in your DAW.

When you encounter an issue, you should report it, be very detailed as possible on how to reproduce the issue, include screen shots and/or create a video. Post your problem either to the bugs forum or the beta 4 forum..
Last edited by BluGenes on Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Jake,

Yes, I received your e-mail. I can assure you that the RapidComposer plug-in outputs 16 MIDI channels that can be forwarded to separate instrument tracks in Cubase. It works in all other DAWs, and the plug-in works the same way in Studio One as in Cubase.
Personally I am not able to help you with setting up RC and Cubase, because I have no access to Cubase (Steinberg does not even reply to my e-mails, I gave up) but there are some users on this forum who use RC with Cubase without issues.

As far as I know the plug-in does not crash in other DAWs, and I tested it with many. It would be helpful if you send me more info about the crashes (reproducible or random, VST or VST3 plugin).
Alternatively you could connect the standalone RapidComposer and Cubase with a virtual MIDI cable software, if that works better.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

PS: Mike Round also talks in his tutorials: http://www.musicdevelopments.com/uservideos3.html

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:19 am ... because I have no access to Cubase (Steinberg does not even reply to my e-mails, I gave up) but there are some users on this forum who use RC with Cubase without issues.
I was disappointed/sad to read this Attila...

Would you be willing to try once more, posting your requests on to the VST SDK Developer forum pages instead of email..? Steinberg have recently moved to a brand new forum hosting engine/pages system. I hope it will bring you some attention:-
https://forums.steinberg.net/c/developer/vst-3-sdk/105

I'm not sure how it works with 3rd party Developers, but as a user, I need to have registered a MySteinberg account first. Then, I use these login credentials to access the new forum pages.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Thanks, thebutler, I contacted Steinberg again today, hoping for a positive reply. :pray:

delete
Last edited by jaikez on Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delete

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:48 pm Thanks, thebutler, I contacted Steinberg again today, hoping for a positive reply. :pray:
Ok, all the best...

Though, it does seem like you're going round and round in circles with that 'direct approach', and getting no response... The Developer pages of the forum could be better... :-) :tu:
Last edited by thebutler on Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Attila - I took the liberty of writing on the Steinberg forums, asking/wondering why you had not received any response to your attempts to contact Steinberg directly. I'm pleased to say, I got a response this morning. Here is that official reply, from Ed Doll, Head of Support:-

I cannot find any emails on either his URL or his name anywhere. Also, there is the developer forum part indeed. I don’t know which channels he used to contact Steinberg and all I know is that I cannot break the circle.

He can't even see any email from you, that you say above, you sent just this last Saturday..! Were you sending from a personal email account, rather than a company one.?

Maybe you've not been using any of their recognised channels of communication..? Note, he too mentions the Developer forum pages (links posted above).

Anyway, good luck.! Somehow, I think this time, they are waiting to hear from you.. ;-)

thebutler

I have been using cubase since it first came out on the atari computer many many years ago.. Cubase 11 pro is the most stable version they have ever made of cubase since its creation.. I use for vst's inside cubase groove agent 5, halion 6, Evolution Electric Bundle-guitar synths, Kontact KOMPLETE 13 ULTIMATE,Omnisphere,Ez keys,true piano, Ozone 9, Orb production suite full version,Reaktor 6,Addictive drums 2, nexus , any many other lessor expensive vst plugins The program runs rock stable and doesnt crash and i have usually have lots of tracks and many instances of these plugins i have mentioned running at the same time.. I have a super powerfull computer which i wont go into the specs rite now .. and my rig doesnt crash and runs rock stable. Well the only time it crashes is with cubase pro 11 and running rapid composer as a vst 3 inside of cubase.
In cubase here are the details for what happens when using rapid composer as a vst ... as follows Crash , Crash , Crash, Crash, Crash, Crash, Crash,
Its freaking totally impossible that anything can be wrong with my system to run all those other plugins perfectly and not crash and then crash almost all the time with rapid composer..
I should also mention that rapidcomposer runs fine in the stand alone mode and doesnt crash whatsoever. But for my work flow and the way i compose music i need it to work inside cubase as a vst . Using it in stand alone mode limits what i want to do .
It might well be that others in the forums have a stable and perfect experience using cubase 11 pro with rapid composer , but personally i dont see what that has to do with anything but for a developer to use that logic i would assume makes it easy to not have to fix any issue.. Actually i get it as follows that all is perfect with rapid composer and the fault is either with my computer system set up or that cubase doesnt answer attilas attempts to contact him or etc, etc, hahah i truly get it

I will address the plug-in crashes with Cubase shortly, now that I have a license.
You are not the only one who used Cubase on Atari ST many years ago...

Return to “MusicDevelopments”