Do you hear your melodies in your mind?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

briefcasemanx wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:21 am If you can't hear melodies in your head how do you make anything up? I don't understand.

Like you just fumble around on the keyboard until something cool accidentally happens?
Funny story. In frustration Timbaland started fumbling around on the keyboard & that's how Missy's hit Get Ur Freak On was born
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

I do all the time. Mostly in the shower. Driving. I used to keep them as voice memos, but then I realized that when i just start messing around with an instrument, they come to me just as well.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

melomood wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:42 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:21 am If you can't hear melodies in your head how do you make anything up? I don't understand.

Like you just fumble around on the keyboard until something cool accidentally happens?
Funny story. In frustration Timbaland started fumbling around on the keyboard & that's how Missy's hit Get Ur Freak On was born
I fumble around on the keyboard sometimes, but I don't do it exclusively. Most of the time I hear something in my head and follow that down a path and on a little journey.

I just listen to what my DAW has to tell.

yes. can immediately think of something and hear it in my head. sometimes without thinking about it.

However, transcribing that is very difficult... I don't remember it for long.

That's the tricky bit. Sometimes I'll start off sorting that out & end up with something only similar in mood
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

like most, i have a handful of well practiced melodies i've developed over the years and experiment with variations of them.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”