IR Quad in Amplifikation 360

Official support for: kuassa.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amplifikation 360

I use Amplifikation 360 along with my Kuassa Amps and a couple of Kuassa modulation effects quite frequently. I really like it. Still there are some functions that I do not fully understand (but I use them anyway if I can...). The manual doesn't really help since it is quite concise in its description of these functions.

One of these somewhat "mysterious" functions is the routing configuration of the IR Quad impulse response loader that is part of Amplifikation 360. All that the PDF manual tells me about it is this (page 40):

"IR ROUTING CONFIGURATION: Routing Configuration: Select between 5 available configurations."

Could anyone explain in detail what the 5 different settings of IR Quad (shown in the attached image) actually do? Yes, they do sound differently, but what exactly is happening in settings 1 to 5 (if I use more that just one IR, as I often do)?

Thanks!
kuassa_ir_quad.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Don't have A360 but I guess it is a parallel or serial IR routing scheme.

filo01 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:58 pm Don't have A360 but I guess it is a parallel or serial IR routing scheme.
Yes, you are correct! Using the L and R channels of the signal, you can pan and level the different routing configurations. Activating the panning knobs from the top left button, under the on off knob.

dimitar wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:15 am Using the L and R channels of the signal, you can pan and level the different routing configurations. Activating the panning knobs from the top left button, under the on off knob.
Thanks. The purpose of the panning and sample delay knobs for each of the four IR slots is evident.

I'm rather referring to the four A/B/C/D squares in the ROUTING section (top, I marked this section with a red frame) and their order and arrangement. What is happening here and what do the five different arrangements of the squares exactly mean?

I also noticed that in some configurations, the "Mix Level (Ratio)" slider for each of the four slots rather behaves like an ON/OFF switch: The level of the IR doesn't really change gradually when I move the slider, but just suddenly drops off in the leftmost section of the slider. This is another property of IR Quad that I don't quite understand.

sannah wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:58 am
dimitar wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:15 am Using the L and R channels of the signal, you can pan and level the different routing configurations. Activating the panning knobs from the top left button, under the on off knob.
Thanks. The purpose of the panning and sample delay knobs for each of the four IR slots is evident.

I'm rather referring to the four A/B/C/D squares in the ROUTING section (top, I marked this section with a red frame) and their order and arrangement. What is happening here and what do the five different arrangements of the squares exactly mean?

I also noticed that in some configurations, the "Mix Level (Ratio)" slider for each of the four slots rather behaves like an ON/OFF switch: The level of the IR doesn't really change gradually when I move the slider, but just suddenly drops off in the leftmost section of the slider. This is another property of IR Quad that I don't quite understand.
The Routing configurations are like your DAW mixer and the plugins stacking one after another at the plugins chain..
So, you can route /as an example / 2 cabinets on the left channel and 2 on the right, but each cabinet is passing the signal trough the following one
12.png
. Those are just options and giving the user freedom to get new configurations - tone possibilities. Keep in mind you need to play with the phase alignment, the quality of the impulses and how long are the tails and so on.
This one
13.png
Is Signal of A and B slots that could be panned and then the signal goes, first to C and then everything trough D.
Each representation of the routing is self explanatory.

You can use it to make a chain like: studio pre-amp IR / for coloring /, Cab IR and Room IR. Or like:
Two different pre-amps impulses then a cabinet and Reverb IR

About the signal "kill", yes at the end the signal stops, because its an actual signal line and when put on full left, it is zeroing the whole signal.

Best regards
Dimi

Thanks Dimi for the explanation. I'll have to read it again and think about it before I can decide if it is really clearer to me now. :wink:

I'll come back to the issue if it's not...

dimitar wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:08 pm About the signal "kill", yes at the end the signal stops, because its an actual signal line and when put on full left, it is zeroing the whole signal.
I just noticed that the sliders only behave this way (no volume change at all) when there is just one IR loaded. Then the slider does almost nothing (while I expected it to work like a simple volume slider in this case...). But as soon as I load a second IR, this behavior is different and a change in relative volume of this IR becomes noticeable (at least in some of the settings of ROUTING). So that's better now... :wink:

Return to “Kuassa”