Cheap Headphone Recommendations

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice job diverting from what you actually said. Let's break it down again then.
jamcat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:13 pm Earbuds are REALLY bad for your ears and prolonged use WILL do permanent hearing damage.
Nonsense. Just like with any kind of headphone or speaker, it depends on the volume you're hearing at.
jamcat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:13 pm The iPod generation are all going to develop tinnitus as they age.
Nonsense. See above.
jamcat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:13 pm People commit suicide over that.
Yes, maybe some people do. Not everyone does. as you seem to suggest. I haven't yet committed suicide over mine (which either stems from the days where I jammed with my band, without ear protection, long before ear buds even were a thing, or, rather, from inheritance - every single one of my family members suffers from tinnitus). Maybe I will commit suicide when I read stupid stuff like that a hundred times more though. :roll:

Seriously, grow some brains.

nm

ghostwhistler wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:03 am I don't have a lot of money, but I could do with some decent cans.

Are there any cheap recommendations that aren't awful (obviously)?

Thinking around the £20 mark, if possible.
Thanks
Amazon Basics. Extremely pleasant, bass resolution is amazing, while also dark sounding. You need to check the top end elsewhere. But as non-fatiguing as possible.

tinnitus is going to be more of a problem in headphones with an aggressive top end. airpods are actually quite dark in terms of frequency response so they would be less of a problem than a pair of headphones/buds with a boosted top end.

Any opinions for inexpensive fostex headphones?

Axelvox HD 242 are well balanced for their price

Gig73 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:02 pm Axelvox HD 242 are well balanced for their price
Interesting, they look identical to the Superlux 668Bs. If they are a rebranded version then they should sound good. Do you know what they retail for, I couldn't see a seller?

I went with the sennheiser HD 206's.

deniki4 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:54 am Any opinions for inexpensive fostex headphones?
i've bought Fostex speakers, and fostex mixers. they are punchy, warm, and smooth. i have never tried the headphones, but i have been seriously looking at them recently. i've never been "disappointed" with Fostex so...worth a go for a decent price. prolly be nice.

ghostwhistler wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:03 pm I went with the sennheiser HD 206's.
Curious what you thought of them. These seemed to have mixed reviews are described as "big low end."

Not the OP, but it seems like the HD 206 is the same as the HD 201. The HD 201 was my first "good" pair of headphones. It's been years since I used one, but from what I can remember, compared to the headphones I've used since then (HD 650, HD 599, etc.), it's inoffensive at best. One thing to watch out for is that the thin pleather covering the earpads and headband padding break down and flake off after a year or so.

Koss KSC75

I just got these ...
AKG K275 Closed Back Professional Foldable Headphones
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06 ... UTF8&psc=1

They've gone up a little bit since I bought mine. I paid £37.00 IIRC ... :phones:

ggklj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

There's barely any bad gear these days and it cost ridiculously cheap for what you get...

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”