Starting problem

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had RC for a while but never used it. But now I need it. Studied the manual for a week now. I am still a bit overwhelmed with the options.

Stuck with this one. If I harmonize a new melody, the chords are created at C0. This is way to low. I can manually change this everytime, but isn't there a setting somewhere to do this.

be sure you have the latest version.. on the settings tab, misc., you can set middle C.. (base octave) but, I am thinking that isn't the problem.. but maybe..

Please share more details. Which RC version do you use?
Do you harmonize 'absolute notes'? Please always do so. Chord relative notes depend on the master track chords, but the harmonized chords will depend on the relative notes, which depend on the master track chords...etc ad infinitum. This way the notes can approach C0 if you harmonize relative notes multiple times.

Harmonization should not create chords in a specific octave, like C0. Can you send a screenshot, or even better, a simple composition file so that I could reproduce this.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

RC did it every time I added the melody generator after clearing the track. Same after deleting the tracks.
Same for New Composition.
But after restart RC, I cannot reproduce the problem anymore. So everything is fine now. Probably I did something wrong.

Thanks for the help.

Please make sure you use the latest RapidComposer version.

It is perfectly safe to harmonize the Melody Generator because it contains scale notes only. It worked well also when using the "Chord notes only" or "Scale notes+chord notes..." option. But usually it is recommended to harmonize phrases with absolute notes.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”