E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

PhaseTransition wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:09 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:51 pm Another small request for a tweak: the INIT patch should really be 8 voices IMO, not mono.
+1
One can customize the Init patch in the templates preset folder. But it is not the default patch for some reason.

Only one?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

When there are more patches than there is space in that browser window, and one uses the arrow keys to cycle thru them, the scroll bar does not move when one gets to presets above or below the currently displayed preset list. Just saying...

e-crooner wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:19 pm When there are more patches than there is space in that browser window, and one uses the arrow keys to cycle thru them, the scroll bar does not move when one gets to presets above or below the currently displayed preset list. Just saying...
I know, it's not implemented atm. I'll add it later on.

sqigls wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:04 am It seems a tad better with 1.0.5, at 100% it's ok...
Thanks, it's because 100% size on retina already uses the x2 graphics. I'll have to investgate if it's possible to add x3 graphics.

Kr3eM wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:08 am With the current state of Invader2 I still have a hangup on the brightness of the section Labes as I said before.
I've made them a bit darker for next release :tu:

e-phonic wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:29 am
sqigls wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:04 am It seems a tad better with 1.0.5, at 100% it's ok...
Thanks, it's because 100% size on retina already uses the x2 graphics. I'll have to investgate if it's possible to add x3 graphics.
mine is the model before retina... mid 2012

Ok, I'll have to try this on my other mac then ;-)

love your work!

This synth looks and sounds very nice! Bought :)

Anyone have issues with stuck notes? I'm sure I didn't previously but now can easily get them messing around with the bass presets for example, especially if I tweak the envelopes while playing it seems.

I reloaded 1.0.3 and it happened there too, wondering if it's something host dependant (Reaper6) though not happening with other vst3is.

GaryG wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:50 am Anyone have issues with stuck notes? I'm sure I didn't previously but now can easily get them messing around with the bass presets for example, especially if I tweak the envelopes while playing it seems.
Any idea how I can reproduce this? Do you get hanging notes while playing a midi keyboard or just playing a sequence in Reaper?

EDIT: Any chance you are using the virtual midi keyboard in Reaper? I get stuck notes in any synth when using it.

It was the virtual kB, just plonking about and one note would get stuck. It's a flaky keyboard for sure I've found, I often get sticking notes too thought usually fixed by just running your finger along the keys. :) Just strange I never encountered it before so guess it must be something in a reaper update clashing..? I'll test more comprehensively later with a proper keyboard. Thanks.

Thanks! I just tried it and it seems to be an issue with the Reaper virtual KB.

1. open the virtual keyboard and press and hold down a key
2. click on the UI of any plugin so the focus changes to the plugin
3. ... note is stuck

Just so you know, Invader has a build-in virtual keyboard so you wont need the Reaper one. Just make sure the plugin has focus and press 'a' for example. You can use 'z' and 'x' to switch octaves.
There are still some issues with the build-in keyboard as well. When holding down a key while using dropdowns, you'll get hanging notes here too.

e-crooner wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:19 pm
Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:13 pm Do you have a regular donate option? One that doesn't involve getting a license. I donated before and got the Invader beta. I'm so impressed by it and also your efforts, and I feel I didn't give enough. It's ok if not, I can just buy another beta---
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. As it keeps getting better and better, I might donate some more. Maybe he has his info@e-phonic.com address associated with his PayPal account. Try it and if it doesn't come back... :wink:
I wrote him and he responded, saying to buy another beta. Which I'm off to do now-

Return to “Instruments”