Enough vintage already. How about some "Modern" synth suggestions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:49 pm
telecharge wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:20 pm Curious to know why Pigments isn't modern enough? The few complaints I've seen about it say it is somewhat lacking for virtual analog, but most seem impressed with the interface, features, and synthesis methods.
he wants modern music not synths
Right! As further confirmation of the keytar as the path to modernity, look no further than the clip below. If you don't think that they're modern, just ask them. Go on "Are you guys modern?" "We're Modern Talking FFS!" Checkmate doubters!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kHl4FoK1Ys

I’d suggest...

Massive X
Dune 3
Blade 2
MPowersynth
Falcon
ArcSyn
Vital

That should keep you busy.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:01 pm I’d suggest...

Massive X
Dune 3
Blade 2
MPowersynth
Falcon
ArcSyn
Vital

that's a lot of bands named after soft synths :o

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:03 pm

Massive X
Dune 3
Blade 2
MPowersynth
Falcon
ArcSyn
Vital

Yeah, some people just can't follow directions.

PIKOTARO for the win. Truly modern synth music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct6BUPvE2sM

Pendulate & Generate are good suggestions ... although you already have most bases covered quite comprehensively already, especially with the latest Pigments upgrade.
Madronna Lab's stuff like Kaivo can be a different way of doing things?
And Surge, as an Open Source option has to be worth trying, especially when development is on-going ...

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:11 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:03 pm

Massive X
Dune 3
Blade 2
MPowersynth
Falcon
ArcSyn
Vital

Yeah, some people just can't follow directions.

PIKOTARO for the win. Truly modern synth music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct6BUPvE2sM
what the f**king f**k? :o
they told me that suit was a one off :cry:

revvy wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:58 pm I think there's a good chance you've already got all the synths you could ever need.

Failing that, Vital.
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Last edited by dblock on Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

telecharge wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:20 pm Curious to know why Pigments isn't modern enough? The few complaints I've seen about it say it is somewhat lacking for virtual analog, but most seem impressed with the interface, features, and synthesis methods.
Pigments is definitely modern enough but really now, who just wants one synth of one kind?

chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:55 pm I think 99% of modern EDM music is made with "modern" soft synths. Think Sylenth1, Spire, Serum, Massive, Nexus etc.
That are also capable of vintage sounds.

That's why I wrote that dividing them into categories like "modern" or "vintage" won't cut it.
chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:45 pm Maybe you put too much emphasis on whether the synth is vintage or modern. It's not as if you couldn't do modern music with 50 year old synths.

Hard to beat Modern Talking. The arrangements are so smooth, it's pure magic.

chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:59 pm That's why I wrote that dividing them into categories like "modern" or "vintage" won't cut it.
chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:45 pm Maybe you put too much emphasis on whether the synth is vintage or modern. It's not as if you couldn't do modern music with 50 year old synths.
Absolutely, you're going to want to consider other categories to slice up the sound space. Is it pinched, loose, long, short, characterful, technical, deep, enveloping, I could go on. This should help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6aMXD03k2U

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:03 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:59 pm That's why I wrote that dividing them into categories like "modern" or "vintage" won't cut it.
Absolutely, you're going to want to consider other categories to slice up the sound space. Is it pinched, loose, long, short, characterful, technical, deep, enveloping, I could go on. This should help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6aMXD03k2U
ive seen him live :hihi:
with eddie shit and the macc lads :oops:
i was 15/16 so can be forgiven i think.

dblock wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:38 pm
revvy wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:58 pm I think there's a good chance you've already got all the synths you could ever need.

Failing that, Vital.
you did ask for music not synths?
am i going mad?

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:23 pm
dblock wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:38 pm

Failing that, Vital.
you did ask for music not synths?
am i going mad?
I looked at how I originally worded that and yeah, you could actually read it both ways so I edited it to be more clear."I could use some ideas for synth plugins most used in current music." That should be clearer.

Return to “Instruments”