Favorite versatile reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hyperspace. Cool user interface, great sound. Reverbical. Very flexible with a presets grid that lets you morph between presets.

And I think best reverb is UAD Lexicon 480L

2C Audio Breeze is my favorite.

MTurboReverb is worth a demo ride right now. It has some great new eye candy in the form of custom GUIs. This makes it more accessible to people who are used to have fancy interfaces.

Haha, FabFilter Timeless3 may be worth look :D

Valhall Room
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

Verbsatile, hands down.

UAD Lexicon 480
More BPM please

Fruity Reeverb 2 :)

ambientwks wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:07 pm VSS4 has kind of taken over everything, even though it's pretty CPU greedy. I can barely run 3 instances at 88.2/96.

It does 'clean space' wonderfully, but what I've loved is applying every type of modulation I can think of before or after and have come up with some interesting things! Making me wonder if I actually need much else.

Goodhertz megaverb is wonderful too of course.
Yes, the TC-Electronic VSS4 HD sounds amazing. I demoed it, and was impressed by how good it is.

But the super high CPU usage was a deal breaker for me. I'm waiting for TC-Electronic to release an update that will improve CPU usage of this Reverb, and then proceed to buy it. I have their TC VSS3, which is very good as well, and doesn't use that much CPU.

I've been using Vintage Verb, but this thread has given me lots of new ideas lol

E_Anderson wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:04 pm Fruity Reeverb 2 :)
Finally, something that doesn't require us to open wallet! :wink:

Muziksculp wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:13 pm Yes, the TC-Electronic VSS4 HD sounds amazing. I demoed it, and was impressed by how good it is.

But the super high CPU usage was a deal breaker for me. I'm waiting for TC-Electronic to release an update that will improve CPU usage of this Reverb, and then proceed to buy it. I have their TC VSS3, which is very good as well, and doesn't use that much CPU.
It's true. One time, I had to bounce out stems on a 80+ track count session just so I could do Front/Mid/Rear variants of the same VSS4 settings, and it definitely wasn't how I prefer to work.

I have heard that an update is coming in the next few/several weeks which may address the CPU usage. There was some chatter from Bob Katz about it on a FB forum awhile back. I'm hoping they can find a way to optimise, or at the very least provide quality options!

Favorite versatile reverb would be any good convolution reverb: allows you to load any impulse response of any real space, mechanical reverb device (classic springs, plates) or digital device (classic hardware like Lexicon, QRS and so on). Of course the versatility is directly linked to the versatility of your IR collection, but there is so much good stuff out there (free & commercial).

stinger12345 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:48 pm I've been using Vintage Verb, but this thread has given me lots of new ideas lol
Vintage Verb can be more than most people would need. Sure, if you want clean, true to life reverb and also from Valhalla, you could try Room Reverb. Really amazing!

Return to “Effects”