SampleTron 2 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:59 pm
Examigan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:54 pm I usually always use more than one sample, but I just tried it with one sample and it stretched it a total of 2 octaves. I am not sure if there is a special way to get it work go across the whole keyboard with just the one sample.
Does SampleTron 2 play the sample at various pitches or do all keys sound the same?
I had to edit my original post as it wasn't working how I thought. I don't think there is a way to stretch across the full keyboard, but there might be a trick to it that might work...what Teacue mentioned.

I emailed the IK support asking if there is a way to get that to work, and if not, then it is a feature request.

SampleTron 2 doesn't seem to offer a feature to turn stereo samples into mono. A stereo to mono switch would be a nice addition to each track on the Edit tab, don't you think? I don't like the idea of having to resample my samples from stereo to mono first before loading them into SampleTron 2. That would take unnecessary time, effort and disk space imo.

Guys, could you please try this?

Make a new project in your DAW.
Load SampleTron 2 and select Empty (next to Preset Manager).
Create your own 'track' in SampleTron (load your own samples and save).
Now save and close your project.
Move the folder that holds your samples to a different location.
Open your project again and check if SampleTron 2 loads your 'track'.

When I perform this test, SampleTron 2 loads the Classik Tape Flute preset. I wonder why it doesn't mention that the 'track' couldn't be found and more importantly why it doesn't ask where to search for the samples.

Examigan wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:06 pm I emailed the IK support asking if there is a way to get that to work, and if not, then it is a feature request.
Technically it is possible. Check the Optigan Powerhouse and Talentmaker loops for example. The SampleTank Editor manual mentions various useful parameters including Pitch Track. They just need to add that to the Import Sample menu. They seem to have left it unchecked.
2.3.1 – Pitch Track
Pitch Track determines whether a Sample will transpose when its range is greater than one note. This is checked by default because in most cases, you will want your sample to change pitch as its note range extends up or down. If you want the pitch to remain static across two or more notes, then uncheck Pitch Track.

Currently IK multimedia having group buy sales, its a good timing to pick this up.

250 Euros 'cross grade' pricing (even owning MAX3 and Sampletron 1) is way too much.

I just wish IK would price sensibly rather than massively overinflating prices so they can say its 80% off later...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:47 am 250 Euros 'cross grade' pricing (even owning MAX3 and Sampletron 1) is way too much.

I just wish IK would price sensibly rather than massively overinflating prices so they can say its 80% off later...
€250? You mean with VAT? I saw €199 +VAT. I added 60 jampoints, and my bill came to €168, I think. Well worth it for what I've gotten so far.
IK isn't the only company that uses that strategy *coughwavescough.* If you wait for the sales or the grope buys, you get a lot of stuff at reasonable prices and it is worth it, IF you like their products.
I have been pretty scathing toward IK. I joined this board in 2013 after trying to find out on google whether IK was going to update Sampletank 2 to 64 bit. This place popped up, so I joined and expressed my displeasure... :hihi: And I've done it ever since, but I don't make it a fetish. But IK has upped their game. Their stuff is quite good. Maybe not all, but a lot of it. The B3X is the best B3 emulation I've ever heard. MODO Drum and Bass both offer interesting possibilities, and Amplitube 5 is a vast improvement over the earlier iterations. And the installation process is a lot tidier.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I guess its the constant bargains and sales that make the 'normally priced' software look very expensive- I have Sampletron 1 as well, so my 'upgrade' price is 240E (£205) That is very expensive for an 'upgrade' - more than the cost of Avenger, Rapid, Zebra etc new!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Well, that is one thing, yeah. Price and cost at IK are very fluid concepts, and you have to pick your time. Also makes reselling without getting pounded a bit difficult. My first product was TrackS 1 for the Roland VS machine. Thereafter, I've had crossgrade prices.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I'm not complaining (honest!) I paid 299+VAT for STUDIO MAX 3 so....I can't benefit really from the current sale, but we all know there will be another!

I wish more companies (Atruria, IK etc) wold have a policy more like Kilohearts - once you get 'everything' you then get a really good 'complete my collection' price when they bring anything new out. We all know everything new will be bundled in MAX 4 and that if you have already bought it you wont get any additional discount, so better to just upgrade MAX- MAX every coupe of years!

Has anyone here experienced this? Sometimes when I have used SampleTron 2 in a project together with various other VST plugins, then each time I reopen that project I hear a pop and SampleTron 2 goes silent. I have to reload a random preset to hear SampleTron 2 produce sound again, so just in case I have to make a preset for each project I use SampleTron 2 in. This hasn't happened yet with a project containing just one instance of SampleTron 2. I'll do some testing with more instances later.

Maschine 2.12.1 on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Edit: It also happened with two instances of SampleTron 2 in one project. The first instance went pop and silent. The second instance still produced the selected sound.

So far this hasn't happened with Reason 11 Intro. I'll also try Cubase 5 later. Is everyone else here running SampleTron 2 without this issue?

Edit: Nothing happened with Cubase 5 either. So I'm starting to believe this only is an issue with Maschine. When I loaded three instances of SampleTron 2 each inside Kushview Element first, then all three seemed to work fine on reopening of the Maschine project.

Fingers crossed, but my first test with the VST3 (using the VST wrapper by xlutop) instead of the VST2 was successful. Thanks to WasteLand's brainstorm. :D :tu:

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:28 pm Guys, could you please try this?

When I perform this test, SampleTron 2 loads the Classik Tape Flute preset. I wonder why it doesn't mention that the 'track' couldn't be found and more importantly why it doesn't ask where to search for the samples.
Has anyone tried this? SampleTron 2 does say it can't find the samples at the original location, but it doesn't seem to offer a way to search for the new location. And that worries me, because if it for some reason is not possible to put the samples back at exactly the same location, then I assume it is not possible to totally recall your project.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:20 am
Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:28 pm Guys, could you please try this?

Has anyone tried this? SampleTron 2 does say it can't find the samples at the original location, but it doesn't seem to offer a way to search for the new location. And that worries me, because if it for some reason is not possible to put the samples back at exactly the same location, then I assume it is not possible to totally recall your project.
I just tried that and get the same result you did. The flute sound plays in place of the Phatty samples I was using.

Return to “Instruments”