Hollywood Orchestrator = new life for Nora?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

East West’s Opus version of their Hollywood Orchestra includes Hollywood Orchestrator, which is a development of the ‘engine’ included with Sonuscore products (and built in conjunction with Sonuscore). Orchestrator generates up to 15 ‘voices’ of output from a single chord. Each of the voices is generated from chord relative notes in a manner very similar to Nora. Combining this with the Hollywood Orchestra product (so the voices are split among orchestral sections and use that sample library), and with a range of pre-orchestrated presets, has generated a product which is generally getting positive reviews if you look at YouTube and elsewhere.

Naturally people are looking at this and will ask how can I do something similar if I don’t have Hollywood Orchestra and want to use the orchestral libraries I do own? And this creates an opportunity to breathe new life into Nora, and maybe give it the commercial viability that Squaredheads closure suggests it lacked previously.

Even the last released version of Nora, which I have long been a fan of, offers some features which go beyond what Hollywood Ochestrator can do. Most specifically, it has the playlist functionality which would allow different rhythmic/melodic phrases to be sequenced, whereas with HO you can only use the one ‘preset’ at a time. I could easily imagine an update of Nora which would offer more functionality than HO and be available relatively cheaply for composers to use with their existing sample libraries. And of course, those who want to use Nora for other music genres would benefit.

Squaredheads, East-West are marketing for you.................... Any chance of bringing this back to life? Even the product as released before offers a lot with a bit of marketing twist..........

Return to “Squaredheads”