A re-imagining of the soundtrack to Taito's "Jungle King" [Electronic Rock]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Only the Jungle King can overcome every perilous obstacle to rescue his Jungle Princess from the clutches of an indigenous tribe of jungle cannibals."

The song is in the key of F Major/D Minor and has a tempo of 69 BPM.

[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Very cool track. I think some of the high frequencies could be tamed on that high pitched organ like sound at 0:38 and where it happens again.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:20 pm Very cool track. I think some of the high frequencies could be tamed on that high pitched organ like sound at 0:38 and where it happens again.
Hello and thank you for the feedback. I will see if I can effectively cut out more of the high frequencies from that "synth flute" patch; I rolled quite a bit off the high frequencies already because it was causing my headphones to make crackling noises (despite the limiter, I think those high notes digitally clipped).
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:44 pm
eassae wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:20 pm Very cool track. I think some of the high frequencies could be tamed on that high pitched organ like sound at 0:38 and where it happens again.
Hello and thank you for the feedback. I will see if I can effectively cut out more of the high frequencies from that "synth flute" patch; I rolled quite a bit off the high frequencies already because it was causing my headphones to make crackling noises (despite the limiter, I think those high notes digitally clipped).
It may just need some distortion or maybe some spot frequency reduction—just targeting those really resonant points. Radiator for distortion from soundtoys works great on stuff like this.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:56 pm It may just need some distortion or maybe some spot frequency reduction—just targeting those really resonant points. Radiator for distortion from soundtoys works great on stuff like this.
I picked up the whole SoundToys plugin bundle during a Black Friday sale, but I have yet to actually use any of them on a track.

tonedef71 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:49 pm
eassae wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:56 pm It may just need some distortion or maybe some spot frequency reduction—just targeting those really resonant points. Radiator for distortion from soundtoys works great on stuff like this.
I picked up the whole SoundToys plugin bundle during a Black Friday sale, but I have yet to actually use any of them on a track.
I'm a huge fan. Radiator is super minimal but makes things sound great. First switch to clean, second depends on content—I find the mic settings tames high harmonics most of the time but can go either way—then mix to taste. Not guaranteed of course, but I find it works for me more often than not.
eassae.com

tonedef71 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:36 pm "Only the Jungle King can overcome every perilous obstacle to rescue his Jungle Princess from the clutches of an indigenous tribe of jungle cannibals."
There is an excellent (albeit very repetitive) loop of the arcade music's main theme which can be listened to here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZnoW2Rp7OQ

Return to “Music Cafe”