Anyone using AudioGridder?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AudioGridder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NpZnEaPuvc

AudioGridder is a network bridge for Audio and MIDI, that allows you to offload the DSP processing of audio plugins to remote computers running OS X or Windows.

Seems like an promising free open source solution that even supports Linux (as plugin), anyone have any experience with it?

Nope, sorry. Downloaded it a while back, but not tried it yet.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

How does it show the GUI on the main machine? Does it require the same plugins be installed on both machines?
Or is it doing some vncing of sorts

keyman_sam wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:03 pm How does it show the GUI on the main machine?
yes
Does it require the same plugins be installed on both machines?
No.
yes.

Ive finally got around to trying this but I may have made a mistake in trying the beta, couldnt get it to work in Bidule or Live, basically just kept getting a message about mismatched IO counts. Will revisit at some other point.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:06 pm
keyman_sam wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:03 pm How does it show the GUI on the main machine?
yes
Does it require the same plugins be installed on both machines?
No.
yes.

Ive finally got around to trying this but I may have made a mistake in trying the beta, couldnt get it to work in Bidule or Live, basically just kept getting a message about mismatched IO counts. Will revisit at some other point.
Showing the plugin window is a huge advantage. Bummer you couldn't get it to work. Ideally I want something that's as stable as VEPro but with the plugin window showing in the host, along with automation params as if it were hosted directly in logic.

Loved VEPro when I used it - got so much more juice out of my old VisionDAW machine.

Got stable version running in Bitwig on Windows 8.1, used same machine as server tho, gonna explore more.

Uh FYI..
If you run this thing on just your daw,
This thing allows you to redistribute cpu overhead from mix busses to multiple cores on your pc..
[AudioGridder] does use all of the cores of the CPU but only in the sense of spreading each track across different cores. Any one single track that has a bunch of plugins stacked on it will only be able to use 1 core for all of the plugins on that one track. Which of course can bump up the usage real quick with heavy plugins such as acustica. Using AG for each plugin on a given track sends that one plugin out to the AG server (in my case installed on the same system) and in effect each plugin is going out to the server on its own and being placed on any given core that suits it. in effect allowing any one track to spread its load across all cores.
In FL Studio, at least, this is theoretically a huge massive wtf awesome thing.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”