Rapid Composer crashes Reason 11

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I am reinstalling all my music programs onto new computer (Windows 10).
Today I installed my full edition of RC. Other than beta I believe it's the latest edition (downloaded today).
The standalone version seems fine. When I load up in Reason 11, and then try and cut device/track - I get the message:
"VST Plugin Crash. The Plugin in the device RapiCompser x64 crashed. The plugin has been disabled and the rack device switched off. It's recommended to save and restart Reason to ensure stability".

In a separate message I get:
"Read Problem. The operation could not be completed because of a read problem".

I did not install in the suggested folders, but I've done that will all my vst's.
I have to restart Reason. I don't recall this happening in earlier versions, although I was and still am an infrequent user.
Any help appreciated.

Hi Dave,

I tried this with the latest version and while it did not crash for me when I "cut track and device", at the moment I do not find it a good idea to cut/copy/paste a RapidComposer track, because Reason makes a new plug-in instance each time you paste a track, and you can have only once instance of the RC plug-in.
This is due to the complexity to convert a big application to a plug-in, but I expect this will be solved in the future to let users have more than one instance.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”