Who loves Subscription Only updates to iZotope products?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CrystalWizard wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:42 am I haven’t given Izotope any money in years.
Why would you, they aren't a charity!

FWIW...

1. As many have said, iZotope have never gone for significant updates after the release of a new product, just a maintenance update or two.

2. Subs models require new shiny every couple of months, unlike perpetual licenses that get updated every year or two.

3. If iZotope therefore release some specific features early to subs that perpetual license holders wouldn't have got until the main release, I'm not remotely bothered. There's no change to me at all.

4.If they are dropping perpetual licenses altogether and we never get those features, then obviously that is very bad. But personally I think that's unlikely.

In the meantime, I'll be busy not uninstalling things or selling licenses. Love RX, Neutron and Tonal Balance in particular. Weirdly I don't feel at all violated by all this, and the stuff keeps working great.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

The whole discussion about iZotope seems to be pretty hysterical.
Kind of first world problems of entitled wokies.
It's quite entertaining to see all these excessive and sore comments of wannabe rebels against the hallucinated business suits.
(Even better over there at the gearboys)

It's primarily about the fear that other plugin companies will follow suit. Also, people are not sore merely because of the recent developments, it's also about other things Izotope did in the past. It's more of the final straw kind of thing.

Doesn't matter, I've replaced Ozone with other plugins and permanently uninstalled all Izotope plugins from my system. I am perfectly happy with the transition BTW. Truth be told, I have forgotten about the whole drama already. It's going to be interesting to follow the developments regarding the case, but I don't really care that much about it as long as every other plugin company doesn't go apeshit over subs.
Last edited by crickey13 on Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:51 pm wokies.
like chewbacca?

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:09 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:51 pm wokies.
like chewbacca?
:lol:

Return to “Effects”