Softube Tape Echoes released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I'm demoing this right now. I like it a lot, but I'm having difficulty with "tempo sync". I wonder if this is a feature, or something is wrong? I'm on windows 10, Studio One 5.3.

hitherepeople wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:36 pm So, I'm demoing this right now. I like it a lot, but I'm having difficulty with "tempo sync". I wonder if this is a feature, or something is wrong? I'm on windows 10, Studio One 5.3.
What difficulty are you having with the tempo sync?

Well, it doesn't "sync". It's noticeably off no matter what setting. Maybe I should rtfm :)

Do you click on the note values?

Watch from 1:53.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APQoehi5fw8&t=113s

Wow, I'm really surprised how quick things move here, thank you so much! (Like I said, I probably should have checked on my own but it was just too tempting being right here after joining)

Am I the only one that feels that this is really unique and sits on it's own? It's a delight to the ears.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:53 pm Do you click on the note values?

Watch from 1:53.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APQoehi5fw8&t=113s
Ok, it drifts a bit. The manual is a very basic thing. I'll open a ticket and see what they say. Also noticed that the "amp room" version either doesn't do tempo sync with the beat markers, or it's a bug.

hitherepeople wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:28 pm
Ok, it drifts a bit.
Does the amount of drifting depend on the Dirt setting? I'm thinking about Wow.

They are the stock settings, I'll play with that later though :) it's just kinda off and it's tough to pinpoint what it is. Now I'm a tester :lol:

Tried it with reaper, kinda the same problem. Tried VST2 and 3, no luck in studio one. But in reason, it kinda seems to work. Have no idea why.

hitherepeople wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:47 pm Am I the only one that feels that this is really unique and sits on it's own? It's a delight to the ears.
Yeah, I think its great. A very real and organic tone. Kinda limited, but that's fine for such a good sound in what it does.

_leras wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:52 am
hitherepeople wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:47 pm Am I the only one that feels that this is really unique and sits on it's own? It's a delight to the ears.
Yeah, I think its great. A very real and organic tone. Kinda limited, but that's fine for such a good sound in what it does.
That’s been my point, it’s no debate that it doesn’t’do’ anything that other delays can’t, but it’s the sound that made me pick it up. It comes down to whether that sound makes it worth the $ for a person or not.

_leras wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:52 am
I just feel like it's so big and full. It has a really nice warble that enhances w/o being overly there.

I just wish I could figure out this tempo sync issue. It's really hard to distinguish between the echo and the metronome :lol:

Return to “Effects”