A brief update on the future of Variety of Sound plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

YES!!!

First of all: I hear you!

While receiving so many questions and requests on this topic on all the different channels these days a brief update here seems to be overdue.

Plugin downloads might be online again as soon as I manage to find a decent free cloud space to offer hassle-free downloads without any traffic/bandwidth limits (or advertising). Hints appreciated.

There are no plans to make them payware.

Some of my plugin designs needs to be revised to assure that they will stand the test of time for yet another decade 🙂 and this means also that they are going to support 64bit of course.

With some selected VoS plugins, there will be a 64bit public beta which is planned to be held this July. I hope you’ll gonna join.

The story continues, stay tuned!

Herbert

https://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/20 ... s-plugins/

Stable versions -> https://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/20 ... -versions/
Last edited by Lesha on Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It's easy if you know how

Oh my... this is the best news I've read for a looong time!

Really great news. This guy is a legend.

Jeez... just charge £5-10 for 64 bit versions and host it properly.

I started using his plugins again about a year ago with a bit bridge. I'm much more interested in him making new things using the latest available knowledge and tech, rather than 64bit versions of his old plugins.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

so nothing new then?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Absolutely fantastic news!!!

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:26 pm so nothing new then?
What would you miss?

He did it all basically. I think that's why he stopped development in the first place and turned to photography instead.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

v1o wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:03 pm II'm much more interested in him making new things using the latest available knowledge and tech
His plugins already fit that description.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Awesome news!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Curdle Your Nurdle.

That tape delay plugin (NastyDLA mkII) of his could rival some of the best commercial delay plugins. Would love to see that one first in the 64bit conversion list.

I don't believe in gods but I am praying for a VoS/Tokyo Dawn collab on FERRIC's 64-bit resurrection. Happy to pay.

And still to this day nothing else does what VoS SlickHDR did - correct me if wrong.

Excellent news. Humanity has hope :lol:

jkl;'
Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fantastic news!

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:18 pm
And still to this day nothing else does what VoS SlickHDR did - correct me if wrong.
Paradoxically, that's the only one VoS plugin I never could get to do anything useful. In fact: I never even managed to perceive what it does.

I would much rather see the Thrillseeker series being revitalised.

And maybe Bootsy could go the Patreon route like Analog Obsession. Free downloads and optional monthly donations from people who want to support the endeavour longterm!

Wow, great news. I always kept the hope alive that one day VoS will be back!

Return to “Effects”