[FIXED in EZMix 2.2.1] The settings for EZMix 2.1.x packs and presets may not all be forward-compatible with EZMix 2.2.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EZmix 2 Studio One Professional

I had been using the 64-bit VST2 EZMix 2 v2.1.5 plugin in almost all of my Studio One 5 projects. A few days ago, I updated to the new 2.2.0 version of the plugin, and then all of my Studio One 5 projects which had been saved with the plugin crashed Studio One when I tried to open them again. Of course, I had to spend some of my valuable time troubleshooting before I could pinpoint the Studio One crashes to the EzMix 2.2.0 update. :x
EzMix 2 Test.zip

The easiest thing for me to do was to simply uninstall EZMix 2 v2.2.0 and revert back to EZMix 2 v2.1.5 in order to continue using EZMix 2 in my existing Studio One projects. I am not sure if it is really worth the hassle of notating the settings of each and every instance of the EZMix plugin in all of my projects, removing the EZMix plugin from each of those projects, re-installing v2.2.0 of EZMix, and then adding EZMix back to all of those projects, recreating the desired plugin settings, and re-saving each project. I would prefer that everything just works after the update to the 2.2.0 version of the plugin. :borg:

UPDATE 1: I think I discovered a suitable workaround In Studio One. Rename the new 2.2.0 version to be something like EZmix22x.dll and then copy back the 2.1.x version of EZMix.dll.

Studio One lets you have both versions of the plugin so long as the filename is different for each. Presonus for the win! :tu:

UPDATE 2:
I opened a ticket with Toontrack, and here is the response:
Toontrack Support wrote:Thanks for the email and the heads up on the crashing.

The programming team has isolated the issue and releasing a patch this week to fix the bug. We do apologize for the issue and appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,
Toontrack Support
www.toontrack.com
That is some responsive support! Toontrack for the win! :tu:

UPDATE 3: I can confirm that the issue I have reported has been addressed by EZMix v2.2.1. Kudos to Toontrack for investigating the reported issue straightaway and delivering a patch update promptly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

As an early adopter, I have fulfilled my good deed/public service requirement for the quarter. Mischief managed. :wink:
The Hogwarts Marauders wrote:I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Effects”