One Synth Challenge #149: VeeSeeVSTRack (liqih Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, I know the comp is over, but I can't stop making cool things with VCV Rack! I have to share because you are the only people I know who will appreciate the following abomination... there seems to be a few glitches, so please bare with it, because the effect is fun. it's a piece based on shepard tones.
https://soundcloud.com/gorgorgathgorgorgor/five-cycles

**** DoctorBob has VOTED ***

Nice variety of tracks everyone ... well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

dB

@bjporter and/or @RichardSemper:

Just saw the voting page being mentioned on slack. It's not showing any track titles at all. Which was the case some days ago already and indeed still is now. Probably a SoundCloud issue, but maybe you can have a look at it. Thanks !

The links still work, btw. So voting is still possible, albeit awkward.
Turns out playback does not work on the voting page either.
Last edited by ELEX on Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ELEX wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:05 am @bjporter and/or @RichardSemper:

Just saw the voting page being mentioned on slack. It's not showing any track titles at all. Which was the case some days ago already and indeed still is now. Probably a SoundCloud issue, but maybe you can have look at it. Thanks !

The links still work, btw. So voting is still possible, albeit awkward.
Maybe it's not a bug, but a feature. So one is encouraged to vote by listening, unbiased by personal sympathies towards the one or other contestant... :D

Edit: Ooops. Also, I'm not even able to play abck the tracks from that page. So blind voting is not possible.

Bugger. No playback, indeed. Hadn't noticed that. I was using the SC links.

The blind voting approach has actually been advocated in the past by some, if I understand correctly. Many participants have styles that are too recognizable for any real anonymity, though.

I pm'd Brian and Richard to alert them of the issue. Might not be easy to fix.

dB

Voted

Voted default 5s for everyone for either putting up with the VeeSeeVstRack VST or for having to deal with recording old school style :D I then discounted points to tracks that weren't weird enough. Some really great weird crazy entries this month. Elex your track made my day. Just imagining a camel getting hooked on heroin and becoming all rock and roll and that had me laughing my head off.

So nice to hear the huge variation in peoples sound designs too, it's a massive selection of different modules so its interesting to listen to the various themes and ideas

Sorry about the voting site issues.
It seems soundcloud have made some changes, so we are working on a fix. Hopefully will have it sorted in next 24hrs or so.

Meanwhile I think a possible workaround is to go to the SC page to listen, and then drag the track across to vote.

Thanks for the update Richard. The method you suggested works fine. :tu: :tu: :tu:

dB

Sometime in the next day or two I'll see if I can update the players. But for now, the track names are showing up now, which should make it a tad easier to use.

If you have the page up, it's possible you need to refresh and log back in. :tu:

Thanks BJ. Easier ... good luck with the fix!
dB

I've voted! It's always amazing how varied the different entries are in OSC, lots of interesting entries!
I wish everyone the best and have fun making an entry with TAL Noisemaker! :phones:

Voted

Voted

Return to “Instruments”