Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

glokraw wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:39 pm As an aside, I think there is a place for a youtube channel/podcast for synth hardware/software/history/interviews along the lines of what Rick Beato does for guitars, amps, recording gear, and the great people using them. Don't know if you'd want to do that, or know someone who would, but I think you'd start from a great position, and get a great following quickly.
Sounds like you're not aware of Alex Ball's channel - not just for synth reviews, but also for quite extensive documentaries of the manufacturers from synth history:-

https://www.youtube.com/@AlexBallMusic

(He's awesome, BTW!)

Yeah I can't beat Alex. He's a genuinely good chap!

Anyone else experiencing constant crashes when trying to save patches to a user location ( sysex.format ) ?
Using latest version and virus C rom loaded
And wha happened to th discord server , seems that all threads are gone .

Some more info , the dsp emu crashes -freezes when trying save patches ( host renoise ) , in loomer architect no crashes occur but no presets are saved either .
They show up in the user location but can not be loaded ( only 1 kb filesize )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

What OS , what plugin build and DAW are you using. I’ll test it later today and see if I have the same issues.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:56 am Anyone else experiencing constant crashes when trying to save patches to a user location ( sysex.format ) ?

Some more info , the dsp emu crashes -freezes when trying save patches ( host renoise ) , in loomer architect no crashes occur but no presets are saved either .

Dam , and that dreaded envelope bug is still not fixed
It happens rarely but when it happens none of the Amp env controls work except release which oddly enough then functions as a hold parameter
Eyeball exchanging

Scotty wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:55 pm What OS , what plugin build and DAW are you using. I’ll test it later today and see if I have the same issues.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:56 am Anyone else experiencing constant crashes when trying to save patches to a user location ( sysex.format ) ?

Win 10
Renoise
dsp version 1.2.25
Saving Fxp works fine, but sysex and midi crashes
Eyeball exchanging

OK
I can now replicate the AMP envelope bug
Step 1, load the emulator with virus C Rom and from bank A choose the init patch .
Amp enve. works fine .
Step 2 : Now load this patch ( if your host is able to load fxp) , it's an fxp file , simple fm patch .
https://app.box.com/s/59jtm2aahldfxw3h2op4ndb3ab287sk9
Amp envelope still l works fine
Step 3 : Now again load INITpatch from bank A ,
Result amp envelope is completly messed up , none of the control work ,especially the release
If you change presetsfrom the bank , the bug affects all of them (just play with attack ,release time )
Eyeball exchanging

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:44 pm Interesting idea but I don't think I'm the right person for that (nor have the time or inclination). I just basically know how to google, haha. :D
We've tried to sway him over to the Linux side of things too. He'd be a perfect Linux user......but, no dice. He knows what he wants and what he doesn't. We'll keep on working on him though. :lol:
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

SLiC wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:28 pm Yes, and Waldorf etc…but that doesn’t mean they will make it available to the public, they are just a bunch of interested (and very clever) people seeing if it can be done.
I believe Waldorf was already contacted and shown either a MicroQ or a MicrowaveXT running in it and did not give their OK. They weren't thrilled with the performance of the emulator or something of the sort. I would imagine they are going to be pretty protective of their IP as well, despite those synths not being sold for quite a few years now (decades for the MWXT heh). The name Microwave is synonymous with Waldorf, and if they're not doing one, they probably don't want anyone else doing it either.

Gui bug in classic skin , boost and tune are swapped

Also don't know if the following are bugs or supposed behaviour but can't find anyhting in the virus c manual.
Punch intensity does not work on the ring mod selection ( when ring mod is selected only and obviously attack is set to 0) )
Punch also does not work when the moog filters are selected ( 1p,2p,3p,4p)
Also , the dist shape curves do not work when any of the moog style filters are selected.
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:07 pm Also , the dist shape curves do not work when any of the moog style filters are selected.
Dont know about the other things, but this one is not a bug. When the moog filter is selected it has its own built in dist curve and the others should be disabled
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

izonin wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:33 pm Get the Viper plugin. It can read the Ti banks, and uses way less CPU than this Motorola emulator.
IIMO Viper sounds too bright, brittle and hard and does not have the warm sound of the Virus/Emu.

Barbarossa wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:35 pm
izonin wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:33 pm Get the Viper plugin. It can read the Ti banks, and uses way less CPU than this Motorola emulator.
IIMO Viper sounds too bright, brittle and hard and does not have the warm sound of the Virus/Emu.
Yep Virus C sounds cleaner aswel. Like its running at higher frequency rate (or oversampling). Viper's higher register seems unclean.

Barbarossa wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:35 pm IIMO Viper sounds too bright, brittle and hard and does not have the warm sound of the Virus/Emu.
Lbdunequest wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:46 pm Yep Virus C sounds cleaner aswel. Like its running at higher frequency rate (or oversampling). Viper's higher register seems unclean.
It seems you guys have never heard of this amazing thing and you never used it before. There is a secret weapon pro producers are using but SHHHH, dont tell anyone about it, let it be between us. Its called....an equalizer!
Use that and no plugin will be hard, soft, brittle, clean, dirty, warm, cold, you can make it into any combination you like ;)
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:00 am
Barbarossa wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:35 pm IIMO Viper sounds too bright, brittle and hard and does not have the warm sound of the Virus/Emu.
Lbdunequest wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:46 pm Yep Virus C sounds cleaner aswel. Like its running at higher frequency rate (or oversampling). Viper's higher register seems unclean.
It seems you guys have never heard of this amazing thing and you never used it before. There is a secret weapon pro producers are using but SHHHH, dont tell anyone about it, let it be between us. Its called....an equalizer!
Use that and no plugin will be hard, soft, brittle, clean, dirty, warm, cold, you can make it into any combination you like ;)
I dont want to get in to argument, but get some proper audio equipment for test (krks doesnt count, they are shit, something like barefoot, genelecs would do), because there is a clear difference in higher register of Viper vs Virus Ti vs Virus C. And no EQ is changing that on Viper no matter how much you would EQ. If you are not hearing the difference then im sorry, but there must be ear checking adressed :-)

Return to “Instruments”