Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WordClock wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:15 am I can't get any of my preset rom's to load in the new OsTIrus plugin and it says I need firmware.rom in the same folder as the plugin when I try to open the plugin in my DAW. I get a message that says "Device Initialization failed" "A firmware ROM file (firmware.bin) is required, but was not found." It asks for the plugin to be loaded "next to the plugin".

I have the original rom's I got online on google and have one "next to the plugin" in my VST3 folder. Anyone know the problem's solution in macOS Sonoma? "Device Initialization failed" "Failed to find device operating system file mq_2_23.mid." There's no link to a Vavra download or a firmware.bin on the DSP56300 Wordpress homepage.
See muki’s post above about Suspicious Package. This is the hardest rom to get.

Looking forward to the MW XT :)))

Uncle E wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:56 am
WordClock wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:15 am I can't get any of my preset rom's to load in the new OsTIrus plugin and it says I need firmware.rom in the same folder as the plugin when I try to open the plugin in my DAW. I get a message that says "Device Initialization failed" "A firmware ROM file (firmware.bin) is required, but was not found." It asks for the plugin to be loaded "next to the plugin".

I have the original rom's I got online on google and have one "next to the plugin" in my VST3 folder. Anyone know the problem's solution in macOS Sonoma? "Device Initialization failed" "Failed to find device operating system file mq_2_23.mid." There's no link to a Vavra download or a firmware.bin on the DSP56300 Wordpress homepage.
See muki’s post above about Suspicious Package. This is the hardest rom to get.
It's easy if your own the hardware

Mogular wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:48 pm On my M1 Max the cpu usage in logic looks very very low, when I check the Activity Monitor it is actually up at around about 65%. The Osiris uses about 43%. The Vavra sits at around about 50%.
Yep. By default, (M1 Pro), the CPU usage in Logic here is about 10%. By changing the latency mode in the plugin from the default 1 block to 0, so the DAW reports proper CPU usage, the CPU meter goes up to 100% (so all-you-can-eat on a single core).

Yes I tried that too, not really sure what the point is of that setting. also it is not really aligned with what's actually showing in activity monitor. Doesn't phase me too much, this works really well with 16 channels running all at once

Been playing around with Ostirus on my old 2012 mac pro and I am surprised at how low the cpu consumption is!

By default, it doesn't show you the true CPU tax though. Gotta right-click, and set the latency to 0.

Oh. I was just going by Logic’s cpu meter.

That's fine, but, if you set the plugin's latency to anything but 0, it won't report the correct CPU usage to the DAW.

I made a couple of Komplete Kontrol templates - an Easy one and a fuller one:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/fqudlzv9 ... vfqhq&dl=0

U L T R A N O V A !!!!!!!!!!!

My mind is blown (again). These folks are crushing it. With the upcoming Microwave XT, I'll have another one of my previously sold classics back. I really hope they do the Novation Supernova as well. That would complete the trinity for me. :hyper:

Yep, Supernova would be nice. :) 8 of those DSP chips though, so, I think you should have 8 cores at least... and, knowing that they already had some performance issues with only 2 DSPs (Virus TI), it's a bit questionable whether something like the Supernova would run on home PCs.

BOSSANOVA !!!

Well tried Osirus and OsTIrus... They are indeed sounding wonderful, and proved a point.
I'll refrain from using them as long as they are in the grey-zone... but damn they are really good! I hope one day this technology will be utilized to it's fullest! You are really great guys!!

Return to “Instruments”