Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just noticed that Osirus got a new release yesterday. Now at version 1.3.6. No update for Vavra yet.
Image Image Image Image

Yeah, among some other things, the update improves performance, so, the CPU load is slightly lowered. ;)

Hope they do the update for Vavra as well. They really treated Vavra pretty stepmotherly, especially considering that the beta was donation only.

Patch Manager added

Not the most logical patch manager that's for sure. Took me a while to figure it out, had to close it completely after it scanned all my presets because it wouldn't load patches otherwise. Can't right-click on a patch to favorite it - have to drag it over to favorites. Can't favorite whole banks as fast as I can tell. Would be great if we could right-click on a bank and set it as a favorite. It's not clear how to add categories and tags to presets either.

Yeah, I don't know what was wrong with the previous patch manager.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:16 pmYeah, I don't know what was wrong with the previous patch manager.
It was easy to crash, just by clicking to sort at the top of the patch browser columns, under Apple Silicon. As the new version removes this so goes that main source of instability. Though I wouldn't call any releases, thus far, hugely stable with AS (at least here, YMMV). Hopefully this one fairs better.

Adjustable clocks, to make it easier for older computers to run, is a nice feature. I suppose how well it works, for that purpose, will depend on how well the original firmwares rein in the polyphony to stay within new clock limits.

Hi,
any news on the Virus TI emulation? The hardware seems to be discontinued.

Chris-S wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:38 pm Hi,
It was also updated with the new patch manager, currently still just available to donators I think.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Chris-S wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:38 pm Hi,

It's still an alpha and exclusively for donator

Uncle E wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:32 am I doubt they’ve abandoned it. Bax is really committed to it. The last I saw, they had his XT torn apart and were analyzing it. He said they were actually pretty far along.
Quite excited for the XT emulator. Always wanted one!

XT is fantastic. Even when you use it to create harsh and aggressive sounds, it still manages to sound sweet and buttery at the same time. I've personally only had that experience with a few synths.

The TI emulations working great here. So convenient now to have the TI in a VSTi format.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

did we have this already?

osTIrus' out

https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/ostirus-downloads/

I own a Ti but as it no longer runs on modern Macs I am curious to try this but I can download ROMs for all Virus models from my user account at virus.info except the Ti - it only comes as an installer (which of course won't even run on my Mac). The site doesn't mention how to get the ROM out of this?

Donate if you love it.

Return to “Instruments”