New from IK - X-Gear digital effect pedals

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I wonder what this one will be? I am hoping for MODO Guitar, but it might be something like amps or effects.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=iksummernamm2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQKcywpPnWI&t

EDIT: it was announced today (7/15/21):
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/xgear/
Last edited by Examigan on Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

It's an 'X'.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

i expect it's a guitar-focused SampleTank library, but the demo does kinda sounds "physically modeled" so it could very well be MODO Guitars.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:24 am It's an 'X'.
They emulated one third of Vin Diesel ?
More BPM please

I don't think it will be a new version of Saturator X, but who knows. I don't think they would make that one this big of a deal with such a mysterious video and announcing it at NAMM, etc. I just don't know if it really is MODO Guitar, as why would they add the X in there? Maybe there are ten guitar models in it?

emulation of massive x.

More BPM please

Examigan wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:13 pm I don't think it will be a new version of Saturator X, but who knows. I don't think they would make that one this big of a deal with such a mysterious video and announcing it at NAMM, etc. I just don't know if it really is MODO Guitar, as why would they add the X in there? Maybe there are ten guitar models in it?
"The finest tones ever..." probably is not anything to do with a saturator.
Modo guitar gets my vote.

Makes sense, if they can model a bass they can model a guitar and throw it through Amplitube.

I am not a fan of the MODO stuff personally, just didn't think the drums or bass sounded any better than my sampled instruments and didn't really see much point in the minutia of the modelling, bit I guess some will find it useful.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:33 pm Makes sense, if they can model a bass they can model a guitar and throw it through Amplitube.

I am not a fan of the MODO stuff personally, just didn't think the drums or bass sounded any better than my sampled instruments and didn't really see much point in the minutia of the modelling, bit I guess some will find it useful.
If it's Modo Guitar, I hope it's better than Modo Bass or Drums.

I don't have feelings one way or the other about Modo Drums, but I do think Modo Bass is terrific and use it all the time. I have less need for a Modo Guitars, but if that is what is being announced, I'd certainly be very inclined to check it out.

SLiC wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:33 pm Makes sense, if they can model a bass they can model a guitar and throw it through Amplitube.
Guitar is a much tougher nut to crack than a bass. There's a lot that goes into creating a passable guitar performance on keyboards compared to a bass. Not knocking bass or bass players, I'm primarily a guitar player but also enjoy bass and will do the real thing when required. It might be Modo Guitar, but I don't think it's as easy as "if you can model bass, then you can model guitar" because I think the techniques are very different. It's easier to translate bass to keyboards due to the monophonic nature of most passages.

No idea what this will be but part of me guesses it will be something lame like "here's a new Amplitube expansion based on X player's rig" or "...X company's amps."

dblock wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:50 pm "The finest tones ever..." probably is not anything to do with a saturator.
“the finest tones finally break free” makes me think they’re talking about standalone hardware running amplitube for live use (

Aloysius wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:24 am It's an 'X'.
Peavy Triple XXX?

jdnz wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:00 pm
dblock wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:50 pm "The finest tones ever..." probably is not anything to do with a saturator.
“the finest tones finally break free” makes me think they’re talking about standalone hardware running amplitube for live use (
You know what, I think you're right. It's probably something like Positive Grid Spark.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Effects”