New at AlgoMusic: X-WOF PRO !

RELATED
PRODUCTS

X-Wheel of Fortune Pro

Hi All:

NEW at AlgoMusic !

X-Wheel of Fortune Pro
the powerful Pro Version of the algorithmic VSTi musicsystem by H.G. Fortune

X-Wheel of Fortune Pro is the powerful Pro Version of the algorithmic pattern-based musicsystem as vsti-plugin for windows. Within the Pro Version there are 4 editable synth-parts (bass, solo, pad and athmo) plus one vocal/wav-Sequencer and one percussion part.

In addition to the features of X-Wheel of Fortune the Pro Version has two new parts (combined in the mixer as VocAth):
- a vocal/wav-sequencer (might be used as well to have completely different sounds via Wav-Files like eg. animal- or nature-sounds) can be played in sequence or at random! This engine has a multi-mode-filter with lowpass, highpass, bandpass and band reject. Please keep in mind You can have 10 different wave-files for each patch!

- an athmo sound generator for strange atmospheres and ambient soundscapes with the possibilty of wave-shifting or wave-stepping through the oscillator's waveforms at different modes for really strange and stunning sounds - a very unique feature by now!

Joystick-like X/Y-modulation-matrix with four outputs and selectable destinations for bass, solo, pad and the new Voc/Athmo-part! Here you have great and most efficient realtime control to modify sounds drastically at your fingertip.

Playlist-feature: You have 16 different patches being played in sequence selectable for up to 256 bars each! This feature is like having different patterns to build a song.
Individual outputs for each part (registered version only).
Different Soundfonts may be loaded.

plus some minor enhancements and bug fixes from X-WoF:
- 16 selectable scales (even some exotic)
- Detune-knob for VA-oscillators 1b and 2 in pad part
- stereo Width knob for percussion-part

The evaluation version of X-Wheel of Fortune Pro does not offer individual outputs and there is a slight "nag" as the Audio-Output is faded down at varying bars for a very short moment: gently but noticeable. The registered version of X-Wheel of Fortune Pro is available at Share-it.com by downloading.
There will be a special offer for registration fee until 31st. October with about 22% off the regular fee of 38,- Euro/US$ - so it will be only 29,- Euro/US$ for your fully licensed copy!

The X-Wheel of Fortune Pro musicsystem is capable of generating a wide variety of fascinating music based on very few input-data. Thus you can let it play and let "the flux flow" or control it at realtime via MIDI/Keyboard for instant transposition. It is offering an efficient control on the sound of each synth-engine and all parts.

for more information as well as the download link for the demo and purchasing info visit the X-WOF Pro page at AlgoMusic.

http://www.algomusic.nl/X-WOF.html

Please check out our other products as well as the freeware. AlgoMusic is home of the M42 Nebula, with more to come.

TC
Last edited by tconrardy on Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Does the purchase of the Pro version come with a discount to the nearest music University so someone has half a chance of actually learning how to use it?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's a KILLER instrument..I'm a bit $$$ crippled ATM, but I'm still gonna support it for it's genius. :x

:o :o :o She's a real beauty. I can't say that I understand how she works, but she sure makes beautiful sounds. :love: :love: :love: Great work.

sicklecell666 wrote:Does the purchase of the Pro version come with a discount to the nearest music University so someone has half a chance of actually learning how to use it?

That's a KILLER instrument..I'm a bit $$$ crippled ATM, but I'm still gonna support it for it's genius. :x
actually is quite simple if you look at it in parts. Start by MUTING all the parts except bass. ( done in the mixer section) The parameters are basically like a bass line synth: ya got Filters and envelopes and LFO's. Make a cool sound, mute the bass part, unmute the next part, and keep on going and seeing what each section does. Then unmute the parst you have created to hear what it all sounds like together.You don't need to use all the parts. Try different scales as well ( at the top) Thats it basically it in a nut shell. Read the manual for more detail. ...but...I NEVER READ THE MANUAL when doing my patches :-)

TC

sicklecell666 wrote:Does the purchase of the Pro version come with a discount to the nearest music University so someone has half a chance of actually learning how to use it?

Hi,
it is more simple than one thinks. Tim gave a very good idea to start with the machine.
Just to add this: think of it as different, editable synthesizers with an automatic or half-automatic musical control. Thus you need not worry too much about note-settings etc. Carlos from Amsterdam, one of the patch-writers (CRN) is by now working on further helps "taming the beast" as he says
:D

cheers
Fortune

Sounds very interesting - will buy it for sure if my old 866 MHz PIII can handle that monster (does it?).

I would also be interested in a midi only plugin doing the same. Then one could use whatever synth one want (in EXT for example when routing the midi output of this plugin to a VSTi). Do you plan such a midi plugin?
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

AndreasE wrote:Sounds very interesting - will buy it for sure if my old 866 MHz PIII can handle that monster (does it?).

I would also be interested in a midi only plugin doing the same. Then one could use whatever synth one want (in EXT for example when routing the midi output of this plugin to a VSTi). Do you plan such a midi plugin?
hi Andreas,
on my old PIII, 1 Ghz it uses around 50-55% of CPU-Power, thus it will run on Your PC with rarely something else besides it.

Plans about a similar MIDI-Plugin are by now a bit vague due to the circumstance that all X-WoF use a lot of delay to get such a big sound. There are still several ideas in my head and my drawer but these need time to be developed to a functional system. Due to my experience this always happens in certain phases, when things, ideas etc just flow and the results are being achieved within a reasonable time.

cheers
Fortune

Thanks, Fortune. Within this week I´ll give the order to my credit card to order this synth :D .
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

Fortune wrote:Due to my experience this always happens in certain phases, when things, ideas etc just flow and the results are being achieved within a reasonable time.
...like a wheel :-)

I think this all started when I finally got around to doing some patches for the original one ( with the UGO skin..I still like it!) and wrote you about them, then asked if you were developing more...I think thats what started the creative juices going again! Glad it did too, because these are nice synths. :-)

TC

tconrardy wrote:
Fortune wrote:Due to my experience this always happens in certain phases, when things, ideas etc just flow and the results are being achieved within a reasonable time.
...like a wheel :-)

I think this all started when I finally got around to doing some patches for the original one ( with the UGO skin..I still like it!) and wrote you about them, then asked if you were developing more...I think thats what started the creative juices going again! Glad it did too, because these are nice synths. :-)

TC
Yep, Tim, You are right! And the primary cause to start all this (and with SE) goes back to my dear friend Anna Z. from Austria when I was doing some special music with spoken phrases in order to help her getting asleep. But this is another long story for itself :wink:
This led me to revive parts of my "old" algorithmic system from around 1993 to 1997. Not all parts could and can be ported to SE-projects, but on the other hand the devices built by now are a lot more fascinating. So after 10 years things repeat in a certain way
:D like the wheel turns round and X is the Roman 10 ...

Cheers
Fortune

How do you use the Playlist function??!! Or should I be asking, how do you use the Auto-Play function? I pressed the Auto-Play button, while I was using "Far Side Sky TC" (I think?), and then it seemed like it was playing through a sequence of those presets one right after another. Cool, but how does that get edited, chenged??!! I love your M42, but this monster is like a bunch of them hooked together. WoFProU. HELP!

:O)+<

X-WoF ?

WTF more like :shock:

What the hell does this monster do ?

Is it cpu friendly or does it suffer from the usual SE greediness ?

BC
If God did exist (and he doesn't) he would answer to the name of Maurizio

Well bought it - and like it. Great fun to be had here.

GUI be a bit more "pro" though.

BC
If God did exist (and he doesn't) he would answer to the name of Maurizio

H.G. Fortune

Tim Conrardy suggested that I ask YOU how to use the Auto-Play/Playlist feature of the X-WoF Pro synth. I've done everything I know to figure it out. The manual states that programs 112-127 are used to store these Auto-Play presets. How do I do that?! I listened to the Auto-Play group and don't see how they were accomplished. Could you shed some light on this, please. Thank you.

senji wrote:H.G. Fortune

Tim Conrardy suggested that I ask YOU how to use the Auto-Play/Playlist feature of the X-WoF Pro synth. I've done everything I know to figure it out. The manual states that programs 112-127 are used to store these Auto-Play presets. How do I do that?! I listened to the Auto-Play group and don't see how they were accomplished. Could you shed some light on this, please. Thank you.

Hi,

You can copy the wanted patches to places from 112 to 127, select the number of bars _and_ ensure Autoplay is set to _on_ within each patch then store the patch-bank with a new name. Could be helpful to stop the machine while configuring and set to run again when a patch is set.
If You want to have less patches then til 127 just set the last wanted patch to Autoplay off.

cheers
Fortune

Return to “AlgoMusic”