Are DAWs Today Just Boring ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm still waiting for a Daw to do something exciting....
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Okay, I’ll bite. What was more interesting about earlier DAWs?

Why should DAWs be anything other than boring? They are tools and the best thing they can do is shrink into the background so you don't notice them.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:11 am I'm still waiting for a Daw to do something exciting....
im waiting for you to do something exciting :lol:

BONES wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:52 am Why should DAWs be anything other than boring? They are tools and the best thing they can do is shrink into the background so you don't notice them.
100%. I don't want shiny extras - just solid core features and utility mix plugins.

You could say. I just want the bare bones.

AnX wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:02 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:11 am I'm still waiting for a Daw to do something exciting....
My website... :wink:
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

we're still waiting for you to post something that isn't incredibly tedious.
I think pretty much everybody that is very involved with using the things sees the thread title and sez 'I hope it's boring'

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:39 am
AnX wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:02 am
My website... :wink:
Still waiting....

AnX wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:02 am im waiting for you to do something exciting :lol:

Still waiting....
Vanity seldom is. It's typically quite predictable and boring :tu:

If you get an earlier version of Live you could get some exciting results. If you looked at it sideways it would crash.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

sorry, this one is way over-the-top in silliness

maybe put baseball cards between the spokes and pretend it's a motorbike

jancivil wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:41 am we're still waiting for you to post something that isn't incredibly tedious.
I think pretty much everybody that is very involved with using the things sees the thread title and sez 'I hope it's boring'

The topic is about DAWs...

But here's a taste of what I'm getting at... an interactive experience... By comparison, the DAWs we look at are boring lifeless entities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvHNSTpxjDI

here you go, right up your alley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oGFogwcx-E

(why is that being shot with a powerbook g4 lol, those couldn't run windows)

That commercial can't be unseen :)
I5-8600K, 16 GB, Presonus Audiobox USB 96, Fl Studio, Reason 11, Studio One 5 Artist.

Yet another puerile bit of clickbait. Please….just stop.
On a number of Macs

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”