Live 11 'Lite' gets an update and now has MPE!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Key new features include:

MIDI Polyphonic Expression: MPE lets you add bends, slides and pressure for each individual note in a chord, add subtle expression variations, morph between chords and create evolving sonic textures more easily.

Sounds and effects: Four effects – Chorus-Ensemble, Phaser-Flanger, Limiter, Saturator – bring a much wider range of sound shaping possibilities to Live Lite. The upgrades to the Live Core Library that came with Live 11 are also now available for Live Lite, new sounds, drum kits, Racks, Grooves, loops and MIDI clips.

More functionality: You can now add up to 16 Scenes for more varied arrangements and space to experiment with ideas. And with Tempo Following, Live listens to and adjusts its tempo based on incoming audio from another musician or other gear like drum machines in real time.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Nice! :tu: Gonna give it a whirl. 8)

It's very nice of Ableton that they provide Live Lite with any successive version, if you register it once.

"If you own any previous version of Live Lite, you can upgrade for free."

Best (quasi) free DAW! The "only 8 tracks" limitation is a challenge.

Kazi7 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:20 pm Best (quasi) free DAW! The "only 8 tracks" limitation is a challenge.
That's all I ever had on my Elektron Octotrack and that costs £1200!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Give Ableton (and others credit). 8 tracks is just enough to get you hooked and want more. Intro with 16 tracks, I could probably live with. Only $20 more, correct? (I have Suite so this is just theoretical)

jonljacobi wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:49 pm Give Ableton (and others credit). 8 tracks is just enough to get you hooked and want more. Intro with 16 tracks, I could probably live with. Only $20 more, correct? (I have Suite so this is just theoretical)
I don't think you can directly upgrade lite to intro, you would have to buy a full intro license (which you could get for around 50 bucks as a 2nd hand license).

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:47 pm It's very nice of Ableton that they provide Live Lite with any successive version, if you register it once.
Yeah, really nice gesture!

Kazi7 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:27 pm
jonljacobi wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:49 pm Give Ableton (and others credit). 8 tracks is just enough to get you hooked and want more. Intro with 16 tracks, I could probably live with. Only $20 more, correct? (I have Suite so this is just theoretical)
I don't think you can directly upgrade lite to intro, you would have to buy a full intro license (which you could get for around 50 bucks as a 2nd hand license).
A Live Lite license can only be upgraded to Standard or Suite. But of course you can still buy Intro and upgrade to Standard or Suite later.

Comping is missing in Lite though, you have to go to Intro to get that.

Very cool. This should be fun to experiment with.

Rivanni wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:40 pm
A Live Lite license can only be upgraded to Standard or Suite. But of course you can still buy Intro and upgrade to Standard or Suite later.
Yeah, I looked for an upgrade and didn't see it. But I saw one article that said you could buy Lite for $79 and Intro is only $99. If I'd had something like Intro in the 80's or 90's I would've considered it overkill. LOL.

Rivanni wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:40 pm
Yeah, I looked for an upgrade and didn't see it. But I saw one article that said you could buy Lite for $79 and Intro is only $99. If I'd had something like Intro in the 80's or 90's I would've considered it massive overkill. Okay, maybe not massive. LOL.

Anyone thought about what would greats actually do if someone got back in time and handed them something like M1 Air loaded with all these amazing modern tools we got on our disposal?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”