rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i have installed QUAD from explorer latest version, it is also lagging fl studio... i think RP plugins are not well optimized?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Nice Synth but graphics is extreme slow with Ryzen APU on my Laptop.

Again Rob and Jon are aware of the GUI issues and are working on a new version. No word on an exact time frame though.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:35 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:12 pm Why doesn't Rob respond to people in this thread to show that he's read the responses ?
I believe Rob used to have a presence here and maybe even a sub-forum years ago but you know how KVR can be....I mean just read your post for an example.

Rob and Jon are really nice guys and in my opinion don't deserve any insults.

Sometimes products get released that aren't 100% perfect but if more people would make an effort to help instead of just bitching things would go a lot smoother.

Anyway I opened a support ticket and have been at least trying to help him identify the issues. That's why I asked for more information.

Good news is they're working on a new version that should address the concerns expressed here.

So have some patience and let's see how the new version performs. :tu:
LOL! How dare customers complain about an obviously crippled product. That an "insult", apparently. Perhaps I should donate 10% of my monthly paycheck to "Rob and Jon" for the rest of my life, becasue they "are really nice guys".

"if more people would make an effort to help instead of just bitching things would go a lot smoother."
What do you mean by "things would go a lot smoother"? The bug would magically fix itself if people don't complain about it? The company wouldn't have to fix it, even though they have released a defective product?

Teksonik wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:00 pm Again Rob and Jon are aware of the GUI issues and are working on a new version. No word on an exact time frame though.
Do you work for them? LOL. Another white knight defending developers no matter how ridiculous it looks on your part.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:47 pm
Caine123 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:20 pm 2. you point the installer to the directory e.g. vstfiles\rob papen\predator 3
you know what he installs? vstfiles\rob papen\predator 3\rob papen\predator 3
I always just point any installer to my VST folder (if the installer doesn't read the registry entry and pick it up automatically).

In this case it is D:\64 Bit Plugins. Then I just let the installer do what it needs to do. I don't need to set up sub-folders for every developer but if the installer creates them so be it.

That has worked perfectly for me for a very long time.
And that magically makes the incorrect installation directory problem go away then? Caine123 clearly stated the problem:
"2. you point the installer to the directory e.g. vstfiles\rob papen\predator 3
you know what he installs? vstfiles\rob papen\predator 3\rob papen\predator 3"

What works for you may not work for other people. The installer should update the folders and show you where it is actually going to install the files, i.e. it should show that it's going to create \rob papen\predator3 folders within whatever folder you actually told it to install to - then at least you could go back and tell it to install to 'vstfiles' (in this case) and end up with the files in vstfiles\rob papen\predator 3. This is BASIC stuff.

So much anger, so little time.

Love that Robs stuff in NKS :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

BenfordLaw wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:27 pm "if more people would make an effort to help instead of just bitching things would go a lot smoother."
What do you mean by "things would go a lot smoother"? The bug would magically fix itself if people don't complain about it? The company wouldn't have to fix it, even though they have released a defective product?
I don't know what your problem is but you need to calm the f**k down.

The following is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.....
BenfordLaw wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:31 pm And that magically makes the incorrect installation directory problem go away then? Caine123 clearly stated the problem:
"2. you point the installer to the directory e.g. vstfiles\rob papen\predator 3
you know what he installs? vstfiles\rob papen\predator 3\rob papen\predator 3"

What works for you may not work for other people. The installer should update the folders and show you where it is actually going to install the files, i.e. it should show that it's going to create \rob papen\predator3 folders within whatever folder you actually told it to install to - then at least you could go back and tell it to install to 'vstfiles' (in this case) and end up with the files in vstfiles\rob papen\predator 3. This is BASIC stuff.

What point is there in bitching about it here ? The devs aren't reading this thread probably because of pissy attitudes like yours. Not all developers hang on every word posted at KVR and quite frankly I don't blame them.

If you want something fixed or have an issue you want addressed then open a ticket and you can interact directly with the developers like I am now.

Or you can just keep bitching about it here and accomplish nothing. Pretty simple. :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

BenfordLaw wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:31 pm What works for you may not work for other people. The installer should update the folders and show you where it is actually going to install the files, i.e. it should show that it's going to create \rob papen\predator3 folders within whatever folder you actually told it to install to - then at least you could go back and tell it to install to 'vstfiles' (in this case) and end up with the files in vstfiles\rob papen\predator 3. This is BASIC stuff.
I have to agree on this. Every time I install plug-ins, I always question myself if they are going to create sub-directories or not. It happens I WANT those sub-directories, so, I tend to point to those, and sometimes, I end up with sub-directories INSIDE the ones I created myself.

Only way to come around this is to uninstall and reinstall, this time taking into consideration what happened the first time :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

Then report it to Rob Papen. It won't get addressed until the developer knows there are complaints.

I don't know what the problem is since all of Rob's stuff installs perfectly here on two different systems. :shrug:

I don't bother with exact folders in installations! I even have two vst folders :o

In the DAW l just write the first letters in the search and I get it. Cubase tends to mess up with plugins putting them here and there! Studio one is better as I can sort them according to the developers names.

Anyway, people have the right to complain and tell their opinions about the products! But if you want a solution, then depend on yourself and get your hands dirty! Write to their support ;)

I reported the problem about automatic installations folders in the past and recently and the reply was that there are not many people angry at it...

I just installed Blade 2 and how crap can an installation go where you point out FIRST the paths and then choose which version u want to install lol......
I like the RP plugins but this is such BS, oh and trying out Blade2 the first time who had the great idea of these colours? You cannot read the writing easily on ggrey and grey and light and dark grey.... wouldnt the upgrade be a good price i would even pass for these plugins i guess. Even the preset manager is still in P3 not updated and still cumbersome. RP still lives in the 90s with his plugins design, i dont mean the 90s were bad but if there are good progressions and you release 2020 new stuff it is just a shame you stick to old unfriendly user behabiours
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

If the installer adds two nested folders, then you need to calculate that and just point it to the root folder! If you need more modifications, just install and move them later to wherever you want ;)

Thx mate! Yeah sure, and i know there are bigger probs i know. It is just annoying that some companies cannot improve...

Return to “Instruments”