rob papen - predator 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gaggle of hermits wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:29 pm You can set spread to zero and it still animates in some presets.
Can you point me to some presets that do? I haven't run across any but then I haven't tried them all.
gaggle of hermits wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:29 pm so I think there’s a bug lurking there.
If you think there is a bug then please contact Rob Papen support and let them know. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I noticed it in some presets converted from predator 1, so will need to see if it's in the factory set for v3. the one that weasel-boy posted showed weird animation behavior here for me with the spread knob - but this is on OS X.

The update with the 120% zoom is out ;)
Update for Predator-3 released!
If you own Predator-3, log in and download the latest installer.
If you own eXplorer-7, scroll down on the download page of eXplorer-7 to download the single installer of Predator-3.
Of course close your music program ahead of running the installer, for adding the latest version of Predator-3 to your system.
Latest additions and or fixes PC/Mac:
- 120% screen version.
- Options to turn off Oscillator animation / 3D screen animation for slower machines in Control Menu
- Tooltips on everything
- Find / Tag Search screen now shows which banks have found presets.
- Lots of small bug fixes & improvements.
- Fixed several original Predator banks with issues.
- New Presets.
To trace the new presets:
- Go to the bank manager, and the preset screen.
- Then click ‘Order by Date’.
- The new ones will appear on top then in these banks they are
Banks:
003 Synth 01
003 Synth 02
004 Trance & PsyTrance 01
008 Ambient 01
011 SFX 01

So far this new version is performing really well. The 120% size skin is perfect for 1920x1080. The Lag issues seem to be resolved here with the added ability to turn off dial animations, the wave display, and Osc wave animations. A bug that one of the patches I made exposed has been fixed as that patch no longer causes the issue.

All in all I'd say a very nice update..... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It is better now :) However, the bug with VST3 in scaled Windows still the same :( I have 4k 27" monitor and Windows scaled to 150% (the recommended settings).

I will bring that tomorrow in the live streaming if I I'm attending it.

Here is the margin in S1 (transparent) and in Cubase:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I just tried the VST 3 in Studio 1 here and it looks fine but I am using 100% scaling at 1920x1080. I get the feeling that some VST 3 plugins don't like scaling. It seems to be an issue with the VST 3 version of Vital and scaling as well.

Yes definitely try to bring it up during the live steam if Rob sees your comment. If not then please do a support request to let them know.

I already told their support and Jon knows about it, but yes definitely I'll bring it on if I watch the streaming at the morning my time.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:29 pmThe Lag issues seem to be resolved here with the added ability to turn off dial animations, the wave display, and Osc wave animations.
Is it also resolved without disabling those things?

The best thing to do would be to try it on your system. Run the demo version if you don't have the plugin.

It seems to be fine here even with all the animations on. Two things to keep in mind as they were explained to me by Rob and Jon is the waveform display was never intended to be a smooth representation of the sound. It's more for fun which is why that tab is called "Select Fun". There is really no practical reason to have it on as it is little more than eye candy.

As for the lag when drawing a user waveform they responded it is: "calculating the waveforms over the keyboard range. We use split points to avoid aliasing. So harmonics that are outside the Nyquist range are not played".

The user wave draw is still not perfectly smooth visually even when all animations are off but it is functional. Nothing that would keep you from actually drawing a wave.

But like I said it would be best for you to try for yourself on you own system. Any remaining lag is a non-issue here but that's just my opinion.

Okay, thanks for the info.

I don't fully agree with their explanation. When programming something like drawing waveforms, you can add a delay before the wave is recalculated if that's a heavy operation, or wait until the user lets go of the mouse button to do it. Alternatively the drawing UI and recalculation could be done on different threads.

That's called mip mapping and it explains everything about papen synths. I just bought Blade, which I can't put down, but I noticed it doesn't hang with the highly over sampled other synths I have. Tell him he needs a "high quality" oversampled button like thorn. I love the instrument, a LOT, but oversampling is better. nobody should care about a cpu in a world where you have to upgrade every 5 years anyway. that's edm talk.

Hive uses mipmapping too, how do you feel about its sound?

This is the latest streaming if someone has missed it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3B2Tp1ilAE

attention ♥ wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:08 pm I don't fully agree with their explanation. When programming something like drawing waveforms, you can add a delay before the wave is recalculated if that's a heavy operation, or wait until the user lets go of the mouse button to do it. Alternatively the drawing UI and recalculation could be done on different threads.
Why don't you pass that information along to Rob and Jon ?

I'll point out again that commenting about Rob Papen synths here will do you no good. Apparently they don't monitor these threads so if you've got a complaint or suggestion then contact support or comment on FB or YouTube.

EnGee wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:34 pm This is the latest streaming if someone has missed it :)
I think he mentioned your VST 3 GUI issue starting at the 30:45 mark but blamed the DAW since it doesn't happen there in Cubase. You need to make it clear to him that you are using 4K with scaling.

I think he said in one video he's using a wide screen at 1440 so unless they can duplicate the same resolution and scaling you're using they may not be able to duplicate the results you're getting.

Return to “Instruments”