Acustica Audio Plugins are killing my computer.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:16 pm
wuworld wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:59 pm These plugins are good, but damn my computer is screaming for help lol. For my desktop I have a i7 64 GB of RAM, and my new laptop i7 32 gb of ram 2 ssd drives. After trying many of their plugins, they crash the most, and take up the most cpu.

How do you guys work with these?
I use a faster computer: 2010 mac pro 12-core Xeon whatever 3GHz, 32G. You need processing power for the most part. i7's are nice but are not going to get you very far with Acquas.

I was running Logic but now run Reaper under macPOS - Reaper is more efficient and runs Acquas smoother than Logic, so there may efficiencies to be had with the specific DAW. Also as someone will mention, buffer and other audio system parameters can also be optimized - there are often guidelines on this posted to the net if you search. There is a lot you can do with Reaper to get more optimization out of it, but of course in all cases only to a point. Then you have to consider a faster CPU or system.

Of course AA knows a lot about the performance of their products. At the moment, the only way to get the sound quality Acquas are capable of, they (apparently) have to consume a lot of CPU. This is cost of leading edge audio technology - more capability, more CPU.
You use a faster computer, but still had to move from logic to reaper right? So it sounds you couldn't run their plugins either. The computer wasn't the issue it was the DAW.

Acustica Audio plugins run very nice in Reaper on PC.

wuworld wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:44 am You use a faster computer, but still had to move from logic to reaper right? So it sounds you couldn't run their plugins either. The computer wasn't the issue it was the DAW.
Yes. For me, Logic is a fail. I am not sure if it's "somehting about my system" but Logic just hit a brick wall in terms of being unusable. It wasn't just AA. And I don't think its specific to my system because I don't have any other issues other than with Logic. From what I can tell, Logic works great if you dont use 3rd party plugins and you work in one sample rate. But as soon as I started using 3rd party plugins and workting in different rates, Logic just failed. Crashes, perfornace issues, etc. Then add in AA acquas and N4 and it wasn't usable anymore. For small project maybe, but not the kinds of things I work on with mainly VIs and tons of processing plugins, all 3rd party.

Once I switched to Reaper it was like starting all over with Logic and stock plugins, meaning it was smooth to work with, stable and good perforance. With Reaper I rarely hit a CPU brick wall and when it happens it doesn't limp along like Logic does.

My friends that use Logic dont use 3rd party plugins at all, work in 44.1 and work mostly with audio tracks and minimal processing, and they are fine with Logic.

Return to “Effects”