Arturia V Collection 9. Predictions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

PAK wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:56 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:11 pmI know people say that, and I agree to an extent. The Jupiter was improved. But I'm not a fan of the Juno and OB-X. WHen these are compared against direct competitors like the Tal Juno 60 or Softube Juno 106, or Obsession, the Arturia ones are lacking and still have an "Arturia sound" imo.
Don't agree when it comes to OB-XA V. It's very good, and I think beats the competition in some respects.. (Though it's not an OB-X emulation). RE Juno, even though I prefer TAL Uno, as an instrument, the most accurate Juno 60 is the Roland Cloud one. It's a toss up between Roland and Softube for the 106 (think I'd give it to Softube). Helps greatly both of them (close enough to) nailed the Juno chorus. Better than the Behringer / TC hardware clone ;)

I think SQ-80V is Arturia's best effort to date, and their V4 stuff holds up very well IMO. Plus Roland have kinda taken themselves out of the competition if they stick to their Zenology path. I reckon we'll see another one or two V4 updates for VC9 - The CS-80V likely being the most popular choice for some V4 update love. Would also like to see a V4 Matrix as said OB-X kinda caused me to (unfairly, with hindsight) ignore all the later Oberheim stuff.

Would also like to see Arturtia do, if not Spark 3, some sort of equivalent updated drum product.
Yeah, the SQ-80V is great. :tu:

Hemmick Reef wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:30 am It would also be great to have those resizable GUI's for the MS-20 and Polysix - although quite happy with the legacy Collection sound.
MS-20 and Poly-Six are in the KLC and resizable, unless you meant it would be great to also have those in the V Collection?

Examigan wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:54 am
Hemmick Reef wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:30 am It would also be great to have those resizable GUI's for the MS-20 and Polysix - although quite happy with the legacy Collection sound.
MS-20 and Poly-Six are in the KLC and resizable, unless you meant it would be great to also have those in the V Collection?
The KLC didn't give enough options for resizing and even the extended is a bit too small for me. I often like to fill the screen with a synth when working on it. They are ok though and sound good, but it would be nice to have them in the V Collection anyway as classic synths and I like the GUI's and layout that Arturia use.

Got it, yeah it would be great to see Arturia’s take on those two.

No predictions but they just revamped the website the other day. Something in the works maybe. Hope they include a drum synth of some kind. Exclusively drums

My prediction is new release of FX trio, maybe saturation/lo-fi effects around March 22.
V Collection, could include updated Wurli v2, CS-80, Mini-V + Prophet 5 v2
New synths, Korg MS-20 + Mono/Poly or Roland JX-8P or JD-800 around April/May 22.

Thanks

JD-800 uses LA synthesis, which has sample based waveforms at its core, so it cannot be done and still be both authentic and legal.

Mini V doesn't need an update. It's spot on to the Minimoog down to the parameter.

JX-8P would be great since PG-8X development is dead and I just don't think the open source thing is ever really going to happen.

CS-80 and Prophet updates would be cool, same for the ARP 26000. Just hopefully not something you have to buy all over again like the Jupiter 8 v4.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Updated/expanded modular environment.

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:11 am JD-800 uses LA synthesis, which has sample based waveforms at its core, so it cannot be done and still be both authentic and legal.
Yes, hell will probably freeze over before we'll see any Romplers from Roland appear among the Arturia synths. I've always admired the SY77 - but maybe that falls in the same camp as the Roland romplers as it's partly based on sampled material?

Again - a Kawai K4 from Arturia would be a dream come true.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I think they could easily make these without the original ROMs. Most of the samples should be fairly easy to replace these days. And even if they wouldn't be 1:1 identical, this wouldn't take anything significant awys from the emulation, I'd say.
Quite to the contary, I think it would give them a chance to improve it upon the original by expanding/improving the ROM (and perhaps allowing the user to expand it himself). I don't think what makes a D50 great is EXACTLY the ROM it got.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:36 am I think they could easily make these without the original ROMs. Most of the samples should be fairly easy to replace these days. And even if they wouldn't be 1:1 identical, this wouldn't take anything significant awys from the emulation, I'd say.
Quite to the contary, I think it would give them a chance to improve it upon the original by expanding/improving the ROM (and perhaps allowing the user to expand it himself). I don't think what makes a D50 great is EXACTLY the ROM it got.
Haha... before I read your post I was actually thinking _exactly_ the same thing. Make a JD800 but with a different ROM. But then you would miss the PR and Sales benefits of being a replica, and I think that's what the V Collection is all about - making business on old proven vintage gear.

/Carl
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Drum Machine - a new Spark...Spark was so close to being great, just a but Fugly-take the Spark idea (with its modular ability) and combine that with a nice Pigments type interface and Arturia will have one of the best drum machines given they make hardware drum machines its amazing they haven't really pushed the software drum side...maybe they could even do a range (808, 707 and hybrid as a '3 drum machines your actually use ;-))
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

DrGonzo wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:21 pm
jens wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:36 am I think they could easily make these without the original ROMs. Most of the samples should be fairly easy to replace these days. And even if they wouldn't be 1:1 identical, this wouldn't take anything significant awys from the emulation, I'd say.
Haha... before I read your post I was actually thinking _exactly_ the same thing. Make a JD800 but with a different ROM. But then you would miss the PR and Sales benefits of being a replica, and I think that's what the V Collection is all about - making business on old proven vintage gear.

/Carl
Think about Arturia’s DX7. It is 99% like the original. But OPS7 is 99.9% like the original, so now Arturia’s model sucks according to KVR.

SLiC wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:42 pm Drum Machine - a new Spark...Spark was so close to being great, just a but Fugly-take the Spark idea (with its modular ability) and combine that with a nice Pigments type interface and Arturia will have one of the best drum machines given they make hardware drum machines its amazing they haven't really pushed the software drum side...maybe they could even do a range (808, 707 and hybrid as a '3 drum machines your actually use ;-))
This is V-Collection, so it has to be a specific model of a specific historic unit. They certainly could do an 808 or 909 (or perhaps something not so completely done to death that would make everyone :roll: ) for V9, but there is no crossover between collections so it would be a one-off.

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:03 pm Think about Arturia’s DX7. It is 99% like the original. But OPS7 is 99.9% like the original, so now Arturia’s model sucks according to KVR.
Same thing with the software Junos: Softube > Arturia > Cheery Audio. But it's a pretty amazing time to be alive :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”