Arturia V Collection 9. Predictions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

nvm

mholloway wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:23 pm
seangm wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:08 pm I installed V9 and there are supposed to be 14 new sound banks included and I wasn't seeing any of them. For anyone else wondering where to find those new banks you need to go to this page and download the installers for the banks manually:

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... /resources
Or you can open Analog Lab (either standalone or plugin) and install them all from there -- much faster than needing to manually grab the banks.
ok, I didn't know that, they don't tell you that anywhere. The only place I could find them were on that page but good to know you can do it from within Analog Lab. Where do you go to find them in Analog Lab to download them? I only see "Store" but that makes it look like you have to "Add to Cart" and buy them.

seangm wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:46 pm
seangm wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:08 pm I installed V9 and there are supposed to be 14 new sound banks included and I wasn't seeing any of them. For anyone else wondering where to find those new banks you need to go to this page and download the installers for the banks manually:

Or you can open Analog Lab (either standalone or plugin) and install them all from there -- much faster than needing to manually grab the banks.
ok, I didn't know that, they don't tell you that anywhere. The only place I could find them were on that page but good to know you can do it from within Analog Lab. Where do you go to find them in Analog Lab to download them? I only see "Store" but that makes it look like you have to "Add to Cart" and buy them.
I believe the new free banks would be shown if you click on "Owned banks" in Analog Lab -> Store.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:49 pm
seangm wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:46 pm

I believe the new free banks would be shown if you click on "Owned banks" in Analog Lab -> Store.
Ok thanks for the info

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:58 am Regarding new presets in V Collection 9, are all the new presets only coming from the new 14 banks? Or it means these are additional banks for all the new instruments and are separate from their factory presets?

And does anyone know if the previous preset banks Synthopedia (800 presets) and Patchworks (700 presets) are also included in V Collection 9? I assume it would only be the case if you had V Collection 7 (Synthopedia), then upgraded to 8 (Patchworks) and then upgraded to 9 (14 new banks). Perhaps someone who did not have VC7/8 earlier and now has VC9 could please check in their owned preset banks (Analog Lab->Store) and let me know?
There are loads of new presets included in the factory sound backs, for the MS20, P5, for example.

Biome_Digital wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:24 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:58 am Regarding new presets in V Collection 9, are all the new presets only coming from the new 14 banks? Or it means these are additional banks for all the new instruments and are separate from their factory presets?

And does anyone know if the previous preset banks Synthopedia (800 presets) and Patchworks (700 presets) are also included in V Collection 9? I assume it would only be the case if you had V Collection 7 (Synthopedia), then upgraded to 8 (Patchworks) and then upgraded to 9 (14 new banks). Perhaps someone who did not have VC7/8 earlier and now has VC9 could please check in their owned preset banks (Analog Lab->Store) and let me know?
There are loads of new presets included in the factory sound backs, for the MS20, P5, for example.
Thanks for the information. If you don't mind, could you please tell me your total preset count for Analog Lab V considering you would be owning V Collection 9 and more?

By the way, I confirmed with Arturia support on Synthopedia and Patchworks. They said these two preset banks are not included with V Collection 9. Only if you own V Collection 7 and/or 8, you would have access to these preset banks.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:59 am
Biome_Digital wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:24 pm

Thanks for the information. If you don't mind, could you please tell me your total preset count for Analog Lab V considering you would be owning V Collection 9 and more?

By the way, I confirmed with Arturia support on Synthopedia and Patchworks. They said these two preset banks are not included with V Collection 9. Only if you own V Collection 7 and/or 8, you would have access to these preset banks.
Ah sorry, I can't do that because my installations are a mess because I am a sound designer for many of the synths, I get pre-releases and different versions of the synths, as well as final releases. Sometimes I have 3 or 4 copies of a preset in the list! The numbers for me are screwed up, so best someone else tells you the number of presets with V9 :)

Biome_Digital: Okay, I can understand that. No problem, thank you. :)

I did get the number earlier from EnGee, but I want to check if someone else could also mention the number. It's not a big thing because there are already plenty of them, but just for my personal satisfaction.

I currently own Analog Lab 4 & V and Pigments along with some free and some paid preset banks. My total presets count shown in Analog Lab V (with "Include legacy sounds" enabled) is ~ 10,800. So, I am expecting that with V Collection 9, considering there will be 832 presets from new 14 banks and hundreds of factory presets for all the new synths, I think the total number would easily go above 15,000.

Note that until Analog Lab 4 and V Collection 7, almost all if not all the factory presets of all synths were included with Analog Lab even if you did not own V Collection and only had Analog Lab 4. Since V Collection 8 and Analog Lab V, they only have select presets for each synth. So, even though I don't have any V Collection yet, I still have a lot of presets as mentioned above due to owning both Analog Lab 4 & V.

The difference in numbers for me (~10,800 + ...) will come from these if I were to buy V Collection 9:
- all the factory presets of all synths released since V Collection 8
- 14 new preset banks (832 presets) of V Collection 9

I think I more or less answered my question myself. Hope it helps someone else having the same question. :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:07 am Biome_Digital: Okay, I can understand that. No problem, thank you. :)

I did get the number earlier from EnGee, but I want to check if someone else could also mention the number. It's not a big thing because there are already plenty of them, but just for my personal satisfaction.

I currently own Analog Lab 4 & V and Pigments along with some free and some paid preset banks. My total presets count shown in Analog Lab V (with "Include legacy sounds" enabled) is ~ 10,800. So, I am expecting that with V Collection 9, considering there will be 832 presets from new 14 banks and hundreds of factory presets for all the new synths, I think the total number would easily go above 15,000.

Note that until Analog Lab 4 and V Collection 7, almost all if not all the factory presets of all synths were included with Analog Lab even if you did not own V Collection and only had Analog Lab 4. Since V Collection 8 and Analog Lab V, they only have select presets for each synth. So, even though I don't have any V Collection yet, I still have a lot of presets as mentioned above due to owning both Analog Lab 4 & V.

The difference in numbers for me (~10,800 + ...) will come from these if I were to buy V Collection 9:
- all the factory presets of all synths released since V Collection 8
- 14 new preset banks (832 presets) of V Collection 9

I think I more or less answered my question myself. Hope it helps someone else having the same question. :)
See, mines over 16000 I think, but don't use that number because it includes lots of duplicates.

A question for those who upgraded from a previous V Collection version to V Collection 9: Are you seeing two versions in your account - the previous version as well as V Collection 9 with separate serial numbers? If so, is the previous version marked as NFR or something?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:20 pm A question for those who upgraded from a previous V Collection version to V Collection 9: Are you seeing two versions in your account - the previous version as well as V Collection 9 with separate serial numbers? If so, is the previous version marked as NFR or something?
Separate serial numbers, and V8 marked with "Cannot be sold separately" (except for V5 and V6, did not update to V7).

svart wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:27 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:20 pm A question for those who upgraded from a previous V Collection version to V Collection 9: Are you seeing two versions in your account - the previous version as well as V Collection 9 with separate serial numbers? If so, is the previous version marked as NFR or something?
Separate serial numbers, and V8 marked with "Cannot be sold separately" (except for V5 and V6, did not update to V7).
Okay, thank you for the answer. I did not quite understand the "except for V5 and V6" part. Does it mean those are not marked "Cannot be sold separately"? Or there is no marking neither there is a way to unregister these?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:38 pm
Okay, thank you for the answer. I did not quite understand the "except for V5 and V6" part. Does it mean those are not marked "Cannot be sold separately"? Or there is no marking neither there is a way to unregister these?
Yes, V5 and V6 not marked as "Cannot be sold separately", And it seems they can be unregistered (there´s a button to do it).

svart wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:43 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:38 pm
Yes, V5 and V6 not marked as "Cannot be sold separately", And it seems they can be unregistered (there´s a button to do it).
Okay, that's interesting to know. Thanks. So, not sure, but perhaps you could resell V5 and V6 licenses?

Looks like they have implemented a new system where any newly registered license (new or second hand purchased) cannot be unregistered automatically for 6 months and you will need to take support team's help to check if you can do that.

A quick Analog Lab presets check up.
I have most of V Collection 9, except for the SQ-80 V and M-20 V. And I have Pigments.
My Analog Lab V 5.5 is showing 12209 presets now, including Patchworks and Synthopedia, as well as the freebies and the Genesis Tribute. I also had Analog Lab V 4.
The only thing I can't find is the 'Include Legacy sounds' menu but I guess 12209 is not bad at all.

Return to “Instruments”