Alternate strata pup selectors - what is available?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The 5 way selector/switch in neck position is always in the way.
- either getting anoyed hitting it
- or even moving position to 4th

Before trying to bend in 90 degree angle downwards, I thought if there are switches that have 5 positions up to straight up, or something. Shorter between each position.

Might there be 7 position ones, and not use a couple?
- that is compatible otherwise?

Best if replacable to original but not a stranger to have another that fully can replace electrics of the 5 way so tone control and everything is as original.

Otherwise I might rebuild to drill new holes so it is parallell to strings, a bit like standard tele.

First thing I did was to move volume knob under pickguard so that is out of the way. So just this switch thing that bothers me seriously. And cut tip of it so a bit shorter plastic tip than original, better but not good.

Might be enough to bend tip 90 degrees downward, just a little that is needed.

Otherwise I enjoy this guitar.

There are 5-position rotary switches. You can make your own cover plate with gibson layout.

This is not your first strat, is it? It took me a while to get used to it, not accidentally changing volume or pickup selection in my enthousiasm.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:01 am There are 5-position rotary switches. You can make your own cover plate with gibson layout.

This is not your first strat, is it? It took me a while to get used to it, not accidentally changing volume or pickup selection in my enthousiasm.
Thanks.

Yes, it is my first strat, bought 15 months ago.
Even position 4 is rather ok, it is 5 that haunt me a bit.
I don't think it's much that is needed, will see if I just bend tip downwards to get some extra millimeters. It's a steel plate below pickguard to rather sturdy.

Even cutting of half of plastic tip down to metal helped quite a bit.

Return to “Guitars”